Men putting up with female hormones

Posted by: Dotsie

Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 01:16 PM

I read an article about men putting up with their wive's and daughter's hormones. I had to laugh while reading it. All I could think of was my dad who raised four daughters. Between mom's menopause and our puberty, he must have felt like the house was shaking at times.

The article suggested that men don't know how to deal so they chooses to ignore the situation hoping it will disappear. I've got news for them. It won't disappear all that quickly!

Now, who moved my chocolate?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 01:30 PM

Five girls in my family. Daddy said a dirty old man was a man with five daughters and one bathroom, which was what we had for a long time. Can you imagine?

JJ
Posted by: dejavu

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 01:49 PM

Five girls in my family too. JawJaw, were we separated at birth?

And I have 3 daughters. Now that 2 of them are married, the male/female ratio in the family has evened out. It's nice, but definitely makes a difference!

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 02:47 PM

Stop! Really? Were you the middle child like me? Did you get into as much trouble as me? Did you shave the neighbor's dog? Okay, I was framed on that one I tell ya, I was framed!

I have two sons, and so far only one of them is married and he has two daughters....

JJ

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 06:29 PM

I was the second daughter, just ahead of the only boy (six kids in all). No, I was the stupid boring one who stayed OUT of trouble most of the time, but that's not my fault. I followed a very dramatic older sister, it was hard to outdo her. All I ever did was torture the younger kids but that hardly counts.

I have 3 daughters and a son. Tell you what, that's a shock when you think you've seen it all as a parent and then God gives you a son.

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 06:30 PM

Ya know, that's something else Boomer Women have in common. We often come from families far larger than you'll see today.

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 06:45 PM

Good point and so true, but I have to tell you that our second in line was the terror...she could beat us all up in a heartbeat! I was terrified of her until we had a showdown one day. I WON! We've been best friends every since...teehee.

I think people today have the luxury and public education to look around and see how hard it is to make ends meet, so they opt for either no children, or only one or so. And then again, I also think lots of people want to let it ALL be about them and opt to not have any at all. They just get pets. Whatever cranks your tractor, you know?

The nice thing now about having a large family is that when someone gets sick or needs us, there is always somebody that can come running.

If I left that to my sons, they would have to get one off the lake from fishing, and the other one off the golf course first.

JJ
Posted by: Lola

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 06:46 PM

Hi, Y'all: Four girls in my family as well. I am the oldest so I occupy the top rung of the pecking order. And boy, did I rule or what! Talking about large families. Mom and Dad came from families of 10 offsprings. So that makes 36 aunts and uncles (inclusive of spouses). Number of cousins to each couple: minimum of 4 maximum of 10. Altogether, my sisters and I have 16 children, and 10 grandchildren. More girls than boys, so women rule!

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 08:37 PM

How did she add that up so fast? Daddy had nine sisters...Momma has three bros and one sister. Large...large families. All my Aunts on Dad's side are gone though. JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 09:46 PM

I'm the oldest of 6. 4 boys, 2 girls. For years, I had 3 younger brothers. When the youngest was 10, my mother had my sister. I was 16. Three years later, she had my 4th brother. He just turned 40. He and my sister are almost more like my kids than siblings.

Louisa

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 10:08 PM

Yeah, even bigger families in the past. My dad was one of 13 children. His aunt had 19 children. I can't even IMAGINE.

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/23/06 10:47 PM

Well, it just makes it easier to find a date at family reunions, am I right? What? Ya'll don't do that?

Okay, I'm only joshin'....

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Men putting up with female hormones - 08/24/06 12:20 AM

I was the eldest of four girls and one boy. I was in charge and knew it and did I take advantage of the other younger kids....dam straight I did....
JJ, the dirty old man reference is priceless...
Posted by: bamgibbs

Re: Marriage the 2nd time around? - 08/24/06 02:31 AM

If you've been married more than once: Is your marriage better this time around? Why? If you had it to do over again, would you marry the same person, someone else, have kids? Is there such a thing as a "marriage made in heaven" or an over-used cliche?

Please respond to mahonebeverly@yahoo.com. Responses to be aired on WHATEVER! Radio show next week

Peace & Blessings,
beverly mahone
Host, Whatever! @ www.successtalk.com/whatever
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

Re: Marriage the 2nd time around? - 08/25/06 09:23 PM

I"m not sure how these posts got mixed. Hmmm.

I'm going to start a thread about big families and birth order because I am from a family with five children.There are four girls and one boy. I'm in the middle. So many of us have so much in common.

bamgibbs, sorry, but I've only been married once. I would definitely marry the same person! Hands down.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Marriage the 2nd time around? - 08/26/06 02:20 AM

I would marry one or two again but NOT number three...yuk!
Posted by: bamgibbs

Re: Marriage the 2nd time around? - 08/27/06 02:00 AM

The latest Whatever! program is up and running. I invite you to check it out. I want to thank Johnnie Ruth Hammill of Irving, TX, Kathie Thomas of melbourne, Austrailia and Faith (from TN) for contributing to the program. There's also an interview with Taviatha James of Dallas,TX.

It's called: MARRIAGE: The second time around

You can access it two ways:

www.successtalk.com/whatever

or at www.talk2bev.com (and click on Whatever! Radio)

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
"babyboomerbev"
Host, Whatever!
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

Re: Marriage the 2nd time around? - 08/27/06 09:18 PM

Beverly, why do you have to register to listen? Just curious. I've ever had to do that ti listen to online radio shows before. I don't mind leaving an email address, but I don't like having to fill out a whole form becasue it's too time consuming. I just thought I'd share becasue it might keep others from listening too. IS there a way to simply leave an email address, then click to hear the program?