Body Heat

Posted by: Dianne

Body Heat - 07/19/06 01:03 AM

I know, you think this is about sex, don't ya?

Do any of you have this problem? My husband's bodily thermostat is so different from mine. In the car, during the Winter, he says I keep it so hot in the car, his shoes are going to melt to the floorboard. In the Summer, I say he keeps the car so cold, my arms are going to turn blue and fall off.

In our flat, we are constantly sneaking behind the other's back, adjusting the thermostat. He freezes me and the dog! She's getting under covers to get warm. I'm getting ready to change the thermostat and get it above sub-zero, right after I post this.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Body Heat - 07/19/06 02:33 PM

You've just described me and my hubby! Although, I must admit, as I get older I seem to be warming up. I can't take as much heat as I used to - but I think I'll always be colder than him in the winter.

We usually get sneaky in the car - like if I'm driving, I'll reach over to pretend to change the radio volume and turn the A/C down... Next thing I know, it's back up again!

We usually joke about it, and now I actually bring a sweater or light blanket in the car for when he's trying to get the car to sub-zero.

Kathy
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Body Heat - 07/19/06 08:11 PM

Dianne, I am laughing because I have been going through this thermostat thing this summer, but it is with my oldest son. Any time I am freezing, I know he's been at it again.

Sometimes I get my bath too soon before bedtime and my feet get cold before I tuck in. On those nights, I stick my freezing feet under Ross' legs and it doesn't bother him. He is definitely a hottie!

Re: Body Heat - 07/20/06 03:29 PM

The hub and I used to pretend to be adjusting the radio and click on the other's car seat heater and we'd be riding along, breaking out in a sweat. We had to finally call a truce and stop it.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Body Heat - 07/20/06 04:10 PM

I like sleeping in a freezing cold room, so never had that prob when I was married. Our thing was while traveling, he would turn on the radio, then turn the volumn down so low you had to put your ear to the radio to hear it. What was the point? I fixed him though....I finally figured out that if I started singing, I mean really belting out a tune, he would turn up the radio in self defense....what a moron.

JJ
Posted by: Lola

Re: Body Heat - 07/20/06 04:18 PM

JJ, you crack me up!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Body Heat - 07/20/06 09:50 PM

Some of the joys of being SINGLE, no one to mess with the thermostat or the water temp settings, or the TV or the radio and on and on and gloriously, thankfully and blissfully on...
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: Body Heat - 07/29/06 11:00 PM

I guess you girls don't suffer from those hot flashes!! I have the central air down to the freezing point and even have a fan blowing on my head at night along with it. My husband thinks I am nuts. The car is always on the Lo cycle of the a/c and I blow it in my face all the way to work each day! Then, when the flash stops I begin to freeze....this is my life all day, every day! When does it stop???? Help!
Posted by: JaMaPh

Re: Body Heat - 07/29/06 11:16 PM

If I stay up after Steve goes to bed, my feet, legs, knees are always cold. I snuggle up and get'em warm. We turn the thermo down to 65 at nite. When it's 96F at 3 a.m. ya gotta do something.

But he has some awesome inner motor, that his body adjusts to whatever degree it is. So we set the thermo at what I want/need and leave it.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Body Heat - 07/31/06 08:10 AM

HI Pam R. those hot flashes are behind me...(happy dance) ...but I had a remedy that def. helped me through. I took a green pill once a day... a Chinese natural remedy..no side effects...for the life of me I can't remember the name, but maybe your drugstore can help you further. They were just natural herbs. I've heard that Chinese women never get hot flashes because of their diet. I wonder if that's true.

Re: Body Heat - 07/31/06 01:08 PM

I can just see everyone running to the health drug stores and asking for green pills.

Hannelore, did it hlep with all menopausal symptoms, or just hot flashes?

Re: Body Heat - 07/31/06 04:00 PM

I remember sleeping for the first time, after a long time, the whole night through; not every night but it was alot better than before. Maybe I can find out the name from my drugstore. I'll let you know.

Re: Body Heat - 08/01/06 03:15 PM

I think there are lots of women who could benefit from the little green pill. Thanks.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Body Heat - 08/01/06 03:15 PM

My body temp runs hot. Hubby says when he touches me, my skin is very hot.

I like the temp down a bit now that I have flashes, especially at bedtime. I like the bedroom to be cooler so I can snuggle under the covers.

In the car, we have dual control, so he can set his side to whatever he wants, and I can set mine to whatever temp I like. No fighting over the controls.

Re: Body Heat - 08/01/06 03:53 PM

Here's the name of that magic green pill: Remifemin plus.
I even found a link: http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=19428&aid=333321&aparam=remifemin
Important to know is that it takes a few weeks before it helps you, since it is a natural substance.
It's really fantastic.

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 02:33 PM

Has anyone else in here taken it? Hannelore, thanks for digging it up.

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 03:06 PM

We have separate temp controls too but he turns the fan up to warp-factor four! Hello...my hair is going to blow off!

I'm so glad to be over those hot flashes! But since menopause, I can't stand to sleep in a hot room. It completely changed my body thermostat.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 03:37 PM

Quote:

I'm so glad to be over those hot flashes! But since menopause, I can't stand to sleep in a hot room. It completely changed my body thermostat.

Same with me. I need it chilly enough to sleep with a comforter at night. And, I need the ceiling fan going.

Of course, my husband only sleeps with a sheet, so he's constantly throwing the comforter away from him and on me.

He's so funny. He asked me one time if he had a fever, and I felt his forehead. He said my hand was hotter than his head. I guess I emit heat. I'd rather it go somewhere, I don't want it staying inside me.
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 05:06 PM

Thanks Hannelore, I will check with my cardiologist on the Remifemin (I know I have heard of that), to see if I can take it. I will try anything. It seems to be getting worse and it has been going on for over 4-5 years already!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 06:41 PM

http://www.remifemin.com.au/ita_story.htm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=36992

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp58932_333181_sespider/remifemin/menopause_herbal_supplement_tablets.htm

https://apfco.com/secure/w1136/index.cfm (get a free sample here)

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/remifemin_menopause_tablets.html

and finally,

http://www.remifemin.com/go/remifemin/Home.aspx?alias=remifemin&tabalias=Home

Hope this helps! JJ

Re: Body Heat - 08/02/06 07:41 PM

Wow those are fantastic links Queen JJ. I'm glad they confirm how good Remifemin is. I'm surprised that it's not really known in America, but then again there is so much out there.