LOVE THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Posted by: bamgibbs

LOVE THE SECOND TIME AROUND - 06/09/06 03:10 AM

I'm a 49 year old who re-married last week after being divorced for 5 years. My new husband is absolutely awesome! The surprising thing is we are almost total OPPOSITES but I can honestly say we compliment each other so well. We just can't watch the same TV shows [Smile]

I'm curious if there are others out there who are in their second or even third marriage and what you are experiencing. Is it better for you the second time around or is it worse and you just don't want to leave?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: LOVE THE SECOND TIME AROUND - 06/09/06 03:40 AM

Oh boy you should get some interesting answers to this one. My first and best husband passed away very young after only 3 years of marriage. My second passed on after 14 years of marriage and a divorce. Then I met and married number 3 the only loser, taker and abuser in the group and divorced his butt after 6 years. I am tired of the game but if I could meet a really pleasant man I might get invloved for just light weight dates, dinner and so on. I have no desire to take another chance at my age. I wish you all the very best in your new venture.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: LOVE THE SECOND TIME AROUND - 06/09/06 06:00 PM

I'm no hlep. I've been marrried to the love of my life for 26 years. I'm sure others will jump in. Congrats!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: LOVE THE SECOND TIME AROUND - 07/06/06 09:15 PM

First of all, congratulations!

I think it gets better due to the fact you might have grown up some. Maybe we've learned from mistakes and know what we want and don't want rather than hoping we can marry someone and change them.