Super Bowl

Posted by: Dotsie

Super Bowl - 02/06/06 01:12 AM

Do you watch the game?

If you didn't have a mna in your life, would you watch?

I will watch to keep my hubby company, and to see the commercials. But that's it! I could care less about football.
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 01:55 AM

My husband is at "his place" in Concrete Wa. to watch the Seahawks win, and I'm here in Oly. going over to my youngest dtrs. neighbor's to watch the Seahawks win!
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!
Sorry, had to put that in caps.
I've always been a sports fan.
I coached girl's fastpitch for 17 years, so I think that makes an official sports nut.
Hey Danita......the Seahawks are gonna' win girl!!
Lynne
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 02:13 AM

I am not a sports fan but plan to watch this one. Since the Seahawks are finally in a sper bowl again.
We have family near Seattle so have to keep up.
I will be working on crafts during this time too.
Maggie
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 05:42 AM

I'm having trouble being enthusiastic about the super bowl because the Patriots aren't there this year. LOL We were fans long before it became fasionable to be. Like back when they were terrible!

We'll watch part of the game and root for the Seahawks because our son lived in Seattle for several years.

Watching football is something our family does together. My daughter was in the school band in high school and college, so we got to go to a lot of games. And hubby is a sports nut.
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 05:46 AM

The one great thing about being single, is that I don't have to watch the Super Bowl or any other sporting event. I can read a book and not pretend to be interested.

My son and his dad are sports freaks and our whole lives revolved around it. We used to visit empty stadiums when we went on vacation. [Roll Eyes]

Daisygirl
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 06:21 AM

I watched the Super bowl pregame festivities because I had 4 tickets to win the $250,000. but alas it was not to be. No JJ and Smile I didn't win so no week at the spa for us....not now anyway!
Posted by: JustMe2006

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 07:14 AM

You ask: If I didn't have a man in my life would i still watch the superbowl? Well, I do have a man (married 22 years!) [Cool] and I am not watching the superbowl! LOL... Actually, I would watch it for the commercials... silly huh? but i guess i missed most of them cause I am here reading and posting...LOL... I did watch half-time! ..and the Rolling Stones were on! It was fun! Mostly likely, husband is snoring away [Roll Eyes] while the game is on right about now...lol! Happy Superbowl All! =o)
p.s. I heard in the news that people gain just as much weight at a Superbowl gathering--just like Thanksgiving! [Smile]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 06:17 PM

My husband is not into sports, (part of why I married him) but my 2 boys are. this year my oldest has his own place and he picked up little brother to watch the game at his place. They have always watched together while chowing down on chicken wings which I prepared.
This year my son made the wings.
This is the start of a new tradition and I'm so happy about it. I told them that they should spend this day together for the rest of their lives, no matter where they live, how many children they have or who's playing.
I really hope they do this.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 09:58 PM

I was glued to the set last night and what even made the evening better with my Steelers winning was my youngest son calling me to tell me I'm gonna be a grandma one more time. What a night!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/06 11:10 PM

Dianne,

What wonderful news. And I'll bet you'll always remember where you were when you first heard it.

COngratulations, Grandma!
Posted by: Jeannine

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 12:05 AM

I am a fan of the game of football, and yes, I'd watch the Super Bowl, whether my hubby did or not. We thoroughly enjoyed the Playoffs this year, and I was glad to see both my Bowl picks made it. Sunday I was cheering for the Steelers, in good part out of long held esteem for the days of the Awesome Steel Curtain.

My hubby yet recalls that early in the 1972 football season, I picked the Dolphins to go undefeated, and to win Super Bowl VII. Now you ladies can imagine what a feather in my cap, that little feat turned out to be. [Smile]

I'm also a fan of the game of basketball, and am looking forward to the NBA playoffs. I'm a Detroit Pistons fan, the organization that re-introduced the importance of the concept of 'team' back into a sport too much in love with the individual super-star.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 02:23 AM

Well ladies, the Seahawks didn't win.......but maybe next year.
I'm really disppointed in the fans saying the officials did a bad job.
After coaching fastpitch for 17 years, I always told my girls that it's not the officials who will lose the game for you, it's how you play the game.
The Seahawks played a bad game. That's all.
At least we are seeing sun for the first time in many days!!!!
Lynne

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 04:03 AM

The fans are disappointed and are looking for someone to blame besides the team. I won't get into a discussion out whether some bad calls were made. That's a matter of opinion.

The sad fact is, there is somtimes terrible offciating or judging at all levels of organized sports in this country. We saw it time and again when my husband was a recreational youth soccer coach. We always told the kids that the officials can't lose the game for you, but that was not always the case. Officials, like the rest of us, are human and can make mistakes.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 04:14 AM

Well maybe if it were for one call they could but a touchdown is a touchdown and the Steelers just played better football any way you look at it. Its only a game. I congratulate all the players on both teams for an excellent effort.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 04:24 AM

Remember when sports was fun and watching it was for entertainment? People get so fanatical about it now. It always cracks me up when they show a bunch of fans, drunk at a bar, on tv yelling "we won!!!"...We??? Did they play?

[ February 06, 2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 04:27 AM

Congratulations, Grandma Dianne!!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 06:01 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm stoked for sure!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 06:58 AM

Another baby to spoil. How lucky for you and for the baby. Keep us posted.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 07:33 PM

Chuck and I were commenting during the Super Bowl that TV sports are all about entertainment and business. And that has taken a lot of the fun out of watching any of it.

The sad thing is that this "it only matters if you win" attitude has filtered down to kid sports and other activities. I've known many parents who went out of their way to be sure their kid got on the team they thought would win. Then, of course, if the team didn't win, even though they did the best they could, the parents blame the coach. No wonder so many kids are growing up confused these days.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/06 07:40 PM

Congratulations Dianne!
You'll always remember when he told you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/06 08:01 AM

Dianne, how many will this make? Congrats.

TVC, Your guys getting together is one of the reasons I love sports. It promotes family togetherness.

Justme, I beleive the comment aobut food. It's a munch fest!

Daisy, I can relate to your mention of visiting empty stadiums. When we travel within the states, hubby always checks to see what team is in town and if there's a game going on. If so, he gets tickets and heads to another stadium. I love going to the islands. NO STADIUMS there. Just beaches!

Maggie, you do crafts. I read books. Anything to be occupied.

NHJackie and Jeannine, my family is also into college sports because the money isn't there...as much. Professional sports have gotten out of control!

This is the first year we didn't go to a party, nor did we have people here. I commented in the diet forum that I liked it because I had a normal eating day! No dips, chips, wings...

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/06 02:41 AM

Dotsie,
No chips, no dips, no wings, no fun!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/06 03:02 AM

No party for us this year, either.

My son was on the track team in both high school and college. He went to a division III school, but there was still pressure on him to perform well. He was All American his junior year and one of the team captains his senior year. We loved to go watch those kids run! But he's hung up his running shoes now.