Celebrating 29

Posted by: DonnaJ

Celebrating 29 - 09/18/04 06:31 PM

We are going away for the weekend to celebrate our 29th anniversary. Pray for our safe trip! Thanks!

Donna
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/18/04 06:46 PM

How wonderful for your both Donna...May you gaze into each other's eyes and see clearly once again all the many reasons you fell in love.

My very best to you both,
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
JJ
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/19/04 07:38 AM

Happy Anniversary to youse!
Happy Anniversary to youse!
Happy Anniversary dear DJ and hubby!
Happy Anniversary to youse!!

Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Lala
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/18/04 10:48 PM

Best wishes and Happy Anniversary!
Hope your having fun!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/19/04 05:10 PM

Donna, yoohoo...are you going to tell us about it? Happy marriages bring a smile to my face. Hoping you're having a blast.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/20/04 01:12 AM

Happy Anniversary. 29 years and many many more.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/20/04 05:36 PM

Donna,
Congratulations!!!! Hope you had a wonderful time.
Maggie
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/20/04 06:12 PM

Donna:
Congratulations on such an accomplishment! These are hard to come by nowadays! Hope you had a great time cherishing memories and making new ones. May your love continue to grow deeper and richer every day [Smile] !

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/23/04 05:56 AM

Hi, everyone. Thanks for all the good wishes - and even a song! [Smile]

We went over to Nashville, Indiana in Brown County, shopped at the little shops, and had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Big mistake. I got so sick! It wasn't very romantic! lol! But I survived. It was nice to get away for a couple days. We can't seem to get away for longer than that.

Thanks again!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/23/04 08:24 PM

Donna, aren't you glad you took the time to get away with just your hubby? DO you still have kids at home?

Ross and I just took a quick trip to visit our son at college. It was nice to get away from the rat race and have time for one another.

It was great to see our son in his environs, feed him a few times, meet his room mates, and treat him to food and other supplies at the local WalMart.

A local writer refers to the college years as subsidized freedom. I couldn't agree more!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/26/04 12:06 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to you both. I hope you have 29 more to celebrate. [Razz]
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/27/04 02:46 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Donna !!!

October 7th will be our 27th [Smile] I'd love to be able to renew our vows on our 30th !! We tried several times in our life together -- but something always came up that kept the money from being there -- but wouldn't that just be SOOoooo kewl ??? [Big Grin]

Re: Celebrating 29 - 09/27/04 06:25 AM

Thanks! We've had a few couples in our church renew their vows, and we had a couple do that last week on their 50th. We had to miss it because we were out of town, but they are the two sweetest people you'd ever meet. I'm not surprised they've lasted fifty years.

It's rare these days to hear of couples lasting that long. 29 more? Sure!