First Anneversary

Posted by: Candice Johnson

First Anneversary - 01/04/03 12:10 AM

My first wedding anneversary is on the 19th and I wanted to pick your girls brains on some gift ideas. We decided to do what the "tradition" books tell you, so that means paper. The thing is my husband doesn't like crafty things or getting crafty things as gifts. (Trust me, I tried the creative thing one Christmas and I will never do it again!). Any ideas for "guy" type paper gifts that wouldn't be books?
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: First Anneversary - 01/04/03 12:18 AM

How about a subscription to a favorite magazine or tickets to a concert or sporting event?
Posted by: nillawafer

Re: First Anneversary - 01/07/03 01:27 AM

how about some sweet and sexy hand made gift certificates for all kinds of favors for him to redeem throughout the year. now that there is the gift that keeps on giving!!
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: First Anneversary - 01/08/03 05:27 PM

it's not quite a craft, but how about a book and paper for making paper airplanes? you could make a few of your own, hang them around your bedroom with little suggestions for intimate moments? you might really rock his world!
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: First Anneversary - 01/13/03 02:33 AM

Thanks to everyone for their great ideas. I thought I would let you in on what I decided to do. With my hubbies love of trivia, pop-quizy stuff and history I decided to make a history of our firsts book. It would have questions like firt kiss, first date, first time he said he loved me. With each one he gets right, he will get a "certificate" for a favor, some sexy some not (thanks nillawafer). At the end it will say, "First anneversary gift?" and then I will give him his comic book subcription service at the store he goes to in Georgetown. They are willing to set up a monthly thing where they put together all the comic books you want and all you have to do is come in and get them. Trust me he is a great comic book fan, a writer himself, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it.