Christmas Togetherness

Posted by: chickadee

Christmas Togetherness - 12/09/02 03:52 AM

Does anyone have any tips for fun couples things to do while your busy getting everything togehter for your kids and family for Christmas. With all the business of the holidays I needed some quick alone time tips to get us through the holidays.
Posted by: Micki

Re: Christmas Togetherness - 12/09/02 01:11 PM

We just used to take some time every night and sit in the dark with the Christmas lights on and enjoy the peace and quiet.

I think I miss that the most around the holidays.

Also, we used to drive around the neighborhoods after dark and look at the lights and the houses.

And there are several places that you can drive through for a fee here and see huge displays (the different parks, etc.)

But, mostly, we just enjoyed our time together. Tim could always make me laugh, and I miss him terribly.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Christmas Togetherness - 12/09/02 10:45 PM

One simple little thing that my husband and I do is go for walks at night. In Baltimore it can be a little chilly but we love the fresh air. Walking in California sounds great to me!

Music is another way we enjoy the season. We love all kinds of Chrismas music. Often a little music in the background can make all the difference in the world. It can lift you up, cause you to be reflective, make you dance, whatever!
Posted by: nillawafer

Re: Christmas Togetherness - 12/10/02 10:59 PM

one of the funnest things my husband and i do is put that one night to the side for one of the biggest chores of the season... get a bottle of wine, some bows, christmas wrapping paper, tape, ribbons and have a little fun!! and if you feel like wrapping gifts anywhere in there....well that would be fun too!!...lol can i say that in this forum?!?!?

[ December 10, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: nillawafer ]