How many have read...

Posted by: Dee

How many have read... - 04/13/09 01:30 AM

The Five Love Languages? Did it help?
Posted by: Di

Re: How many have read... - 04/13/09 02:29 AM

I have read it. Help? Well, at the moment it did. And he knows my language(s)..all five. So, I'm extra needy I guess.

And I know his.....but I forget them most of the time.

So, did it help....yes, if you put it to good use!
Posted by: Dee

Re: How many have read... - 04/13/09 04:10 AM

It was suggested to us and Larry read it in 4 days...we've been together 5 years, married 3.5 of those years. I like receiving gifts...(my 2nd love language)...doesn't have to be monetary...picking a handful of wild flowers and bringing them to me fills me up and I've told him how important that is to me since we've known each other and he never really 'got' it...when he did it that might last for about a week then it would stop. It wasn't until we took the test in the book and he saw in writing what my love languages are that he finally got it...wow...what a difference. The fist week he made me 'gift certificates'...so sweet because he made them up himself and surprised me with them...the next week, flowers...the next week, Godiva chocolates smile , the next week a surprise card, and last week flowers, again. Now, once a week he surprises me with something. I understand, too, what his love language is and although I've pretty much been doing it, I try to say speak more often my apprecation for what my hubby does for our home and things that he does like the gardening, etc. It's amazing what this one little book can do for an already good marriage...made it even better. If he takes out the garbage I make sure to thank him...I think men, in general, want to know they're appreciated and it's Larry's 2nd love language. We were mutual on our fist love language, which is touch...no surprise there.
We gave our book to Larry's son, Grady and Michelle, our DIL. Michelle told me she and Grady have been sharing the book and although Grady's not as responsive as his dad is with me, Grady's making an effort to make a difference in his marriage to Michelle.
I heard Elizabeth Hasselbeck talk about that book one morning on "The View"...so, I was wondering how many women shared it with their hubby/partner and if they had results.