What is the most endearing thing about...

Posted by: Dee

What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 04:38 AM

Your husband/mate/significant other....?
Posted by: Louisa

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 04:40 AM

I think the way he always thinks of other people, especially our family.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 10:28 AM

me.

hahahahahahah....

The most endearing thing is that I have a partner in crime, (so to speak)...with my Hubby. We love to do all the same things. So it's like living with my sports friend, shopping mate, movie buff, travel companion, and cushy person all rolled in one. It's actually pretty convenient.
Posted by: Dee

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 06:12 PM

that's cute Hannelore...I can't tell you how awesome it is to hear you talk about your husband this way. I remember it wasn't too long ago when you were having doubts about staying with your hubby...now listen to you...you should write a book.

Louisa...what a sweet trait to have in a man.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 08:02 PM

Only he says my name in that special way.As if he was saying it for the first time.
MA
Posted by: ArleneKole1

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 08:22 PM

my husband is the way he finds me in a crowded room and gives me that adoring loving look.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 09:14 PM

Yes Dee, we’ve come a long way. But it’s also those things I listed above that keep our marriage together. Hubby even took my mother and me out to eat on Valentine’s Day. It was his suggestion! That was a first, so I’m beginning to believe in miracles. Life can be so wonderful, … as long as the men do what we want.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 10:58 PM

One of the most endearing things about Ross is his love of family, friends, patients, etc. He's genuine.
Posted by: Anno

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/21/08 11:45 PM

Dennis has a great sense of humor and a genuine warmth about him. If I love someone, he does too.
Posted by: Di

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/22/08 12:10 AM

The fact that my DH loves our dogs just as much as I do...and treats them as people. Even "talks" for them! (you'd have to be there to believe it!!)
Posted by: Q_ball

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/22/08 04:25 AM

When he's behaving, he's the best of everything a woman could want. We can talk for hours and laugh. We both say the same things at the same time to the point of scary. He's always telling me how cute I am and how much he loves me and just watching me scamper round, playing with the kids or a pet, reading whatever. Yes at times he's so loving it's smoothering to a solitude addict like myself. But one of the sweetest things he does is call me on the cell if I'm not home at 'pill time' (anti-rejection meds) to remind me to take my meds. And never will I forget what a wonderful 'nurse-maid' he was when I was so very ill. He's a wonderful Dad almost to the point of over indlugnce ith our sons when they were at those highly active years of growing up. LOL If one of them had asked for ballet classes, he's of seen to it that they had the chance. Thankfully the boys stuck to basketball, football, baseball, tak-won-do, bull riding, calf roping, team roping & golf. He coached, encouraged, cut business trips short to walk in a few times just as the games started. Loged 200K miles on a new pickup pulling a horse trailer. Deep down he's so good, I think he's just tired right now.
Posted by: orchid

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/22/08 06:06 AM

That he has often waited for me standing in the rain with his bike, until I finish work, change and get onto my bike and we bike home. Or he cycles around and around in an aboveground car parking lot, waiting for me..until I get there off the commuter train and unlock my bike..so that we can bike rest of way home. Once he nearly got stopped by the security guard.

2 above scenarios are at 2 different employers that each had different bike storage/lockup facilities. He is truly faithfully there.for me.in all kinds of weather.

Posted by: humlan

Re: What is the most endearing thing about... - 02/22/08 07:54 PM

Ok, Anne..i´ll continue..my SO..boy do I want to continue with one more letter here.. what is the most endearing thing?..his way of treating his fellow human beings..carefully..with total understanding and space for each individual´s person..mistakes and dark sides and all..imperfections, he sees as being part of being human and making one even more human. He has one specification and that is that one should not hurt another..that´s important. He is quietly spoken and mild..he is careful of what he says so that it is not misunderstood or hurtful (this CAN be a problem sometimes when we discuss our relationship..but actually it usually is helpful in the long run).

I really LOVE this endearing part of him because it gives me so much air to breathe..wings to fly..the ability of love myself more and therefore, others. It helps with my with bouts and thoughts and worries about my 18yr old son..

Ok, over and out..from Sweden on a friday evening..