holiday extras?

Posted by: Dotsie

holiday extras? - 12/05/04 10:58 PM

I tmight be interesting to see what extras we spend money on this season.

So far:
gifts, of course
ingredients for baking
tree, garland
MORE lights
Keep the list going...
Posted by: Dianne

Re: holiday extras? - 12/06/04 12:05 AM

Airline tickets to get out of Dodge!
Posted by: swimbo56

Re: holiday extras? - 12/06/04 09:38 PM

there's candles, flowers-both arranged and plants, decorations in general, phone calls, gas for driving all over getting things ready and then visiting during the holidays. What else? Not sure, but I'll keep thinking.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: holiday extras? - 12/07/04 02:09 AM

What seems likie a hundred containers for gifts of food, plus colored cellophane to mae them look more festive and bows, can't forget the bows. ALL of the ingredients. A cleaning service, I am so busy cooking etc. I'll need someone to clean this house. Saving money on cards/stamps this year by sending cards over the computer. Gas for the car to deliver all these dishes.Thank God this only comes once a year. [Wink]

Re: holiday extras? - 12/08/04 11:40 PM

food, drink, and supplies for family Christmas party [Wink]

Re: holiday extras? - 12/14/04 08:51 AM

new cookie sheets [Big Grin]

[ December 13, 2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: holiday extras? - 12/14/04 04:32 PM

holiday extras is an oxymoron, is it not?

JJ
Posted by: TVC15

Re: holiday extras? - 12/14/04 06:42 PM

I have to mail all my gifts back home this year! So there's plenty of UPS costs!
And new friends in North Carolina to buy for.

Re: holiday extras? - 12/20/04 06:15 PM

jj, did you call me a moron? I started this post. [Razz]

I guess I meant in addition to all the gift buying. [Razz]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: holiday extras? - 12/20/04 07:06 PM

ahhh...moi? Nupe...what I meant was there is no such thing AT THIS HOUSE as extra around the holidays...if it weren't for wearing those darn panty hose on my head, I'd go back to robbing Circle 7's....

eeek!

JJ

Re: holiday extras? - 12/21/04 02:47 AM

Me thinks our Dotsie has been at the cooking sherry or rum, first she asked me if I was yelling at her because I posted in bold print, dah! and now she thinks JJ, you called her a moron??? I am beginning to wonder about the thinness of our fearless leaders skin. Is there a rubber room in your Victorian mansion?? Just in case its not just booze. Don't cha love it? [Confused]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: holiday extras? - 12/21/04 03:45 AM

Hey, I figure our fearless leader deserves a little booze. Or maybe a lot. Heck, I may even get real generous and let one of the chips sit on her lap. At least til Ross shoos him away.
smile

Re: holiday extras? - 12/21/04 06:29 PM

Okay you gals, those were my attempts at being funny. I guess I better leave that to the queen.

Chip on my lap? [Eek!] My face is already turning red.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: holiday extras? - 12/31/04 12:42 AM

unexpected gifts.. gift cards. Great last minute gifts or that "gotta give 'em a gift cuz they got us one"

Re: holiday extras? - 12/31/04 03:03 AM

And may I say your attempt at humor was a success and got a rise out of the 3 nuttiest of them all, JJ, Smile and Moi!! [Razz]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: holiday extras? - 12/31/04 03:44 AM

Just a darned minute Chatty. I resemble that remark!!
smile