Gas Woes

Posted by: Anonymous

Gas Woes - 09/13/08 12:34 PM

Wow, I filled up on Thursday morning at %3.43. With Hurricane Ike, it is now $5.49. The Attorney General is warning against gas station price gauging and cautions consumers to report because it constitutes unfair trade practices and criminal misdemenaor. If you notice same in your locals, please do the same.

Hopefully, by mid next week gas prices will have returned to 'normal' - whatever that may be.

I've bought a week's worth of soup to accomodate the price hikes.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Gas Woes - 09/13/08 12:57 PM

Times like these I'm glad I drive a Volkswagon. I filled my car up the day before all of this happened. I was clueless, but I'm so grateful that I followed my gut and filled up the day before if for no other reason than I may have had to stay in line to get my gas.

Run on gas stations? Gimme a break. This is falling right into the plan of the big boys, if you ask me.

The run on gas stations amazes me. If people would just stop and think....are you going to stop driving and buying gas just because the price goes up? No. Of course we're not. And if they would NOT listen to media and panic...good grief.
Posted by: gims

Re: Gas Woes - 09/25/08 11:41 PM

If you feel there is price gouging going on, you can report it:
DOE's Gas Price Watch

this is one of the links our local news stations included for Ike effected citizens to report price gouging. They gave other organizations that were watching separate sectors of the marketplace, also.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Gas Woes - 09/26/08 07:56 AM

Tonight on the news they showed where a woman in Virginia sick of the gas prices now rides her beautiful horse to work. It eats the grass around her office and she gives it a couple of carrots on her break. Now thats the life!

Re: Gas Woes - 10/09/08 10:45 PM

Wish I could ride my horse to work, yet it is 22 miles 1-way! I'm car pooling now and will let ya know if saving any gas or money at months end. My boss does not like me car pooling, tho, b/c I arrive early and leave on time - now she's taking away my lunches! (She's the crazy attorney I've spoken about that spends her nights in bars and always at least an hour late to work!) She'd rather me work late, IOW, work her hours. She doesn't realize that the staff folks have a life. Such is life.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Gas Woes - 10/10/08 01:28 AM

Have HOPE ladies the prices here have dropped an entire dollar from $3.79 per gallon to $2.69 as of ytesterday, that drop in only six days too. Our country using less gas is driving the prices back down. Wha-Hoo!!!

Re: Gas Woes - 10/10/08 12:26 PM

Our gas has dropped to 3.49 and there was a time we gaged over THAT price...now we do a happy dance. I tell ya, a horse is looking better and better.

Actually, Orchid has the solution and I bet she's laughing at all of us poor folks who pay at the pumps! Eh, Orchid? We need to get out there and get bikes....

What do you do on rainy or snowy days, Orchid?

Re: Gas Woes - 10/10/08 04:25 PM

Here's something I got in an email today:

"The final chapter of the [financial] crisis may be when Americans finally learn to live within their means."

Yukio Noguchi, Finance Professor,
Japan's Waseda University

Ouch! But so true!
Posted by: Di

Re: Gas Woes - 10/10/08 04:49 PM

So true. And it's sad that the gov't has to step in to make the American people do it!

I'm so glad that, years ago, we denounced credit cards in our household. You become enslaved to your debtor....just about forever.

Re: Gas Woes - 10/16/08 05:58 PM

I found gas yesterday @ $2.86 gal. It still hit me @ over $50 to fill up.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gas Woes - 10/16/08 06:16 PM

gims, I found it for $2.95 and thought that was great. Since i now have a Honda CRV and can take regular, I'm saving $. It was right around $40.00 to fill her up. This is a far cry from the $70.00s with my old car which only took high test. I feel like I got a raise!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Gas Woes - 10/17/08 06:19 AM

We're "down" to $3.35. Bleech.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Gas Woes - 10/17/08 02:54 PM

The cheapest I've found gas in Central Florida is $2.94 and I feel great about it.
Posted by: keyholes

Re: Gas Woes - 10/17/08 04:29 PM

We're hovering around $2.75/gal here in central Ohio. I saw it, believe it or not, as cheap as $2.30/gal in far western Ohio last weekend on the way to an Oktoberfest, but that's maybe an hour and a half drive from here.

Re: Gas Woes - 10/18/08 03:07 AM

SC is finally below $3.00!

Re: Gas Woes - 10/21/08 02:26 AM

$2.69 today, could have gotten it for $2.53 at a Citgo, but I'm still not supporting that company - no matter what anyone says!
Posted by: keyholes

Re: Gas Woes - 10/24/08 01:26 AM

$2.42 and dropping here in central Ohio!!! Woo hoo. Did hear though we shouldn't count on these lower prices indefinitely though.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gas Woes - 10/27/08 04:06 PM

I'm loving it while it lasts. Prices still dropping here too.