Spend ours and save their own...

Posted by: jabber

Spend ours and save their own... - 08/08/08 03:30 PM

Here's an irritating international news segment: Iraq recently made billions of dollars from oil production; spent little on revitalizing country infrastructure; and banked most of the profits. You and I are paying to
rebuild their country, while they get rich!!! NOW, that bugs the heck out of me!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/08/08 09:48 PM

So what else is new. crazy We use to be the strongest nation and now we've become the doormat of the world, and thats no joke either... mad
Posted by: Anno

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/08/08 10:26 PM

And, the laughing stock of the world.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 12:59 PM

You know what's wrong: We're too good hearted! Americans are
compassionate, loving, caring, giving, generous folks! And we're
being taken advantage of! "Christians" are targets for the evildoers' of the universe! Facts are facts!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 07:05 PM

I am going to disagree in part, YES we are a generous people but I rthink its more the politicians trying to BUY LOVE and RESPECT around the world rather than earn it. They don't give a damn about the American people, and put everyone elses needs ahead of our own. Then we pay the price for their stupidity. Higher taxes, programs cut until they bleed, its just plain ridiculous because the very people they help(?) are the ones who hate us the most...Jealous of what we supposedly have.
Posted by: gims

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 07:33 PM

What source did the info come from, jabber?
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 08:45 PM

Unless you've been to a developing country, I don't think Americans question their privileges. We live in country that assumes that happiness is our right, not a privilege. It's appalling to me that we are so used to our lives of having things that we loose sight of how easy we have it compared to SO many people on this earth! Watch the Olympics and see the behavior of the American athletes, (and a few Euro countries,) and one can see who we are in the world. I am a patriot, I work in a hospital for Vets, but they know they are lucky and they don't complain like other people in hospitals at all! They know from experience that we are so much better off. We live in the safest country still!
I think we need to question ourselves and ask ourselves, "do we need this?" We need to take care of our own home in this way before we start cleaning up others.

Dancer
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 08:51 PM

AMEN to that, Dancer!!!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 10:06 PM

Dancer, you are right. We are incredibly lucky to start off with a good foundation of peace and democracy in North America.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Spend ours and save their own... - 08/09/08 11:05 PM

Thank you, Orchid and Cookie. I feel pretty strong about what I wrote. Thanks for supporting it.

Dancer