Bad influence on steps...

Posted by: chatty lady

Bad influence on steps... - 04/08/10 12:18 AM

My son is separated now about a year and getting a divorce from my DIL if she'll ever make up her mind. Just lately he has been seeing a nice woman and his stepkids are the ones that introduced her to him. They both said, "Dad, you need to get out and have some fun." She found out by sneaking into his phone bills when visiting her son (my son and his stepson share a home) after she found out she went balistic, she won't speak to me at all, cussed out her brother and her own son because she said they knew and never told her. She shouted like a craszy person at both her kids either they disown their father(my son) and never speak to him again or she will hate them forever. Talk about a bad example. My son raised those kids from the ages of two and one year old. They adore him and should not be put in such a position. The strange part of all this is she is the one who moved out and got her own place, but has been dragging her feet about the divorce. I get the feeling she wants it all, to run around with her friends and keep my son dangling waiting to see if she comes back or not.

My son is a handsome devil, and women have always chased him even though he would not fool around, but it's been too long and my DIL messed up big time. I never thought she would be this way with her kids however. God knows what she is writing to Jason in the Marines.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 04/08/10 05:29 PM

I always find it amazing that women want the men they've asked to be separated from, to remain true to them. Any explanation? I guess it's true of the opposite sex too, but I've witnessed it with women.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 04/08/10 05:29 PM

chatty, isn't it hard to beleive that a bit over a year ago, you thought it was one big happy family? So sad... Sorry about that.

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 04/08/10 11:07 PM

Dotsie, they say our lives can change in a heart beat and ain't it the truth!!! I thought my son and DIL were deliriously happy. Oh well! Ever heard the saying, "I don't want you, but don't want anyone else to want you either." That is exactly what is going on with my DIL.

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 06/16/10 08:13 AM

Is anyone else experiencing their kids having problems, and if so how do you help, or do you?
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 06/16/10 08:20 AM

Oh boy, I could write a book on my younger son. We have always helped him either financially or morally. Each time we swear this is the end, but we can't do it.

I can't write any details, chatty, except that he is filing for divorce. It has gotton downright messy.

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 06/16/10 08:25 PM

I hate that you are experiencing problems with your son etc., but it is good to know I am not the only one.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 06/29/10 03:13 AM

My older son was 'happily' married for 13 years...however, he wasn't really..it wasn't until he announced that he wanted a divorce that I knew anything about it. People hide things they don't want the world to see...divorce is messy, especially where children are involved...so sad.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 07/08/10 12:18 PM

The steps that I know, are a bad influence on everybody else!

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 07/08/10 06:55 PM

My son was married with a child, when his marriage broke up.
Kids are why my hair is graying! Though, I pretend its high lights!

Women chase my kid, too, Chats. If he had a woman at every
truck stop up and down the eastern coast, it wouldn't surprise me.

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 07/10/10 08:03 PM

That was just funnin' there, Chatty! Hate 2 B 2 serious, ya know!

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 07/10/10 10:28 PM

I miss my DIL. Yes she screwed up bad and ruined the marriage wanting freedom to live in her own space and do whatever she wanted to do, with my son hanging on in the background. But I do miss her, she was a pretty good girl for a long time then seemed to go bananas. I can't believe how hateful and vicious she has become. I guess its the old adage:

WATCH WHAT YOU ASK FOR, YOU JUST MAY GET IT.

Re: Bad influence on steps... - 07/11/10 12:17 PM

Be watchful always; you never know what the other person is thinking. And sometimes those you least expect, will turn on
you and become vicious and hateful before you know what happening.