The joy of Cheerios!

Posted by: Di

The joy of Cheerios! - 06/14/09 03:24 PM

As I was vacuuming the car this morning, I came across Cheerios that my step-granddaughters left when their Mom/Dad borrowed our car last time they were here. She'd warned us after they used the car that we'd find some.

What a JOY it was to have Cheerios in my car! I never knew how impressive upon my heart they would be until I got to experience it myself..for the first time at age 52!

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to play "Nunna" to some little ones even though they are not "mine". smile
Posted by: Linda Rendleman

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/14/09 04:49 PM

HI
I'm a new member....I get the joy of Cheerios. When I am with my grandchildren they wear me out....after they leave the littlest things touch my soul!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/14/09 09:59 PM

Di, they are yours if you want them to be, in your heart. Only you can make that happen, relax and be nunna in your heart first. Do you think those little angels care if you are blood or not? Would blood make you a more giving, caring or loving nunna?
Hell NO!!!!!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/16/09 02:21 PM

I agree. They're yours, Di. I love your warmth and sensitivity!
Posted by: Dee

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/19/09 11:01 PM

Di ...your story is so precious...and everyone is right...they only now you as Nunna and that's all that matters. A chld's Love doesn't look at DNA.
Posted by: Di

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/19/09 11:49 PM

thanks ladies. I had a "step grandma" whom we called Nunna as well. She came into my mother's life at age 10, when her own mother died. We did not "know" her as any different. Until later on.....which was NOT nice. But all in all, she was the same to us!

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/28/09 01:30 PM

Di,
Love Cheerios. Have Honey Nut Cheerios every morning for breakfast. But I know what you mean. In almost every shopping mall, I see the tiny ones with their bag of Cheerios. And it
is a heartwarming thing! Oh and my Italian granddaughter
calls me Nonna; that's close to Nunna!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 06/29/09 02:28 AM

I love KICKS cereal, and ChEERIOS of any kind. I like cereal that stays crunchy in milk, doesn't get soggy. And either bananas or fresh berries are a must as well.

Re: The joy of Cheerios! - 07/18/09 08:39 PM

When the littlest things touch your soul, you have a warm heart!
There's nothing more precious than a warmhearted person!!!