Got Truck?

Posted by: Anonymous

Got Truck? - 02/08/07 02:13 AM

Hey, any of you gals drive a truck? I've an eye on the Toyota Tundra V-8, double cab. No, can't afford to purchase this year, but will keep an eye on next year's sales. The '07 did not arrive until recently and are selling fast. Though I need to graduate from a sports car to a truck to haul a 2-horse trailer.

What are your preferences for a truck as far as accessories, view, interior, exterior?

I think it would be nice to see the road and not feel as many bumps w/ my present sport suspension.
Posted by: mrs_madness

Re: Got Truck? - 02/08/07 05:28 AM

Almost 10 years ago now but I bought a truck. The biggest truck I could buy, short of a more industrial strength duelie suited for hauling mobile homes.

A Dodge Ram, king cab, long bed. It weighed 6,000 lbs and was 20 feet long. I had to order it from the factory, no such truck could be found on the market. I waited 6 months to get it.

It had power nothing. No heated seats, no automatic transmission, no power windows and doorlocks and mirrors, and I ordered it without carpeting (which they installed anyway) so I could hose it out when it got dirty--the kids were always spilling cokes and ice cream in the back. The only option it had was an AM/FM radio.

The thing was a monster and I loved it. It seated 6 people and had room for 8 sheep and a refrigerator in the bed. We gave it to my husband's dad for his landscaping business and it remains a monster on the road to this day. It will run for another 20 years.

Personally, I hate all the fancy electronic gizmos and accouterments on cars. That junk is always breaking down and it costs a fortune to get it repaired wheareas a basic vehicle will just run and run and run.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Got Truck? - 02/08/07 02:06 PM

We had a Dodge Ram once. Loved it. You might consider a smaller SUV. They can still pull a trailer and you can put all of your neices and nephews in it too.