empty nesting, time to bring in new mate?

Posted by: redbug

empty nesting, time to bring in new mate? - 01/27/06 07:53 AM

Hi, I am getting ready to face being an empty nester. son already in college although very close, he still lives away...and daughter graduating high school this june and moving out to go to college. Single mom...not at all looking forward to being alone in my home. Have a serious "boyfriend" but he has 2 younger boys, 15 & 13. 13yr old lives in another state, does come to visit several times a year. All along I have said we would wait till 15 yr old graduates H.S., then it would be our turn. Now having second thoughts. Has anyone gone through something like this? Any advise? Thanks
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: empty nesting, time to bring in new mate? - 01/27/06 05:51 PM

Welcome! Thanks for sharing. I have two high school seniors and one already away at college.

I am not in this situation, but I admire you for waiting. What a selfless thing to do. I believe it is your turn!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: empty nesting, time to bring in new mate? - 01/28/06 03:24 AM

Welcome redbug and if you close this thread and check under FAMILY you'll see on the very bottom of it the title 'Empty Nest' and there are already many comments regarding this topic there. This is a new topic just added so please go there and share and I hope it will be of some help to you.... [Big Grin]

[ January 27, 2006, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]