Google on man from ME....

Posted by: ariadne54

Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 04:51 AM

This 61 year old man says he wants to meet me for dinner on his way south from Maine. I have already told him I don't enjoy his IMing or chat, and have reached a point of contentment alone. I am at once flattered, and at the same time frightened, at the thought of meeting someone like this! A friend suggested I do a Google search on his name. Heck, I don't even know his last name. We've only exchanged a few emails. But I did do a Google on his game ID, and came up with it on a Howard Stern Fan Network site. I know it has to be his ID, since it is so unique. I confess, I've never, ever watched Howard Stern, but isn't he a vulgar and sexist expoiter of women? Does he have any redeeming qualities of which I'm missing?
ARI
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 05:13 AM

RUUUUNNNNN Ari if this weirdo is anything like Howard Stern. Talk about a creep and womanizer, this guy Stern wrote the book. Where do these losers get your email address from anyhow????
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 05:18 AM

Howard Stern's only redeeming quality is that he has a soul and is made in the image and likeness
of God.

[ October 31, 2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Western Bluebird ]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 05:19 AM

Well you could have fooled me!!!

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 05:54 AM

LOL, Chatty, and Bluebird!
I am glad to have my opinion of Howard Stern confirmed.
Chatty, I met this man on Club Pogo where I play Internet games. We shared our emails via our profiles on there.
ARI
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 09:18 AM

ariadne, what part of NO do you not understand? Especially since you're the one who said it.

If you don't enjoy chatting with him, why even waste your time googling him?

Everyone has SOME redeeming qualities. Arsenic laced with chocolate has a redeeming quality, too, but that doesn't mean you should be stupid enough to eat it.

Hate to sound cold, but you seem way too desperate for attention, even attention that you claim you don't want.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 07:01 PM

Ariadne54, stay away from this man! If you must, find out his real name and then google him and do a free search at www.peoplefinders.com.

Be safe!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 07:02 PM

Ari, please do not meet with this man. This scares me.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/02/05 08:23 AM

Ari,
Don't do this! I can't think of one good reason why you should even consider doing this.
Your opinion of Howard Stern is right on.(IMHO)
Posted by: KAY B

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 09:01 PM

Run! Anyone who takes Howard Stern seriously...isn't all there!! I have had the displeasure of being at the dentist & they had his show on the radio. At this point in time he is so fake & I could even say what he was about to say before him!!! It's amazing that so many people take him seriously & can't understand he's all an act.
If you have a bad feeling to begin with....there is nothing that can make this situation feel ok. A woman knows her gut instincts are ALWAYS RIGHT!
Be careful.

Re: Google on man from ME.... - 11/01/05 11:59 PM

Thanks, Boomers, for the helpful feedback.
My experience with the Internet is that men are usually not what or how they portray themselves to be. Since we have been discussing this very subject in a recent thread here, I felt comfortable seeking advice here.
I do not intend to meet him for dinner.
ARI