Sex In America

Posted by: chatty lady

Sex In America - 07/09/05 03:41 AM

Been reading alot and came across some interesting facts....For we singles there was a survey conducted that came to the conclusion that having a partner DOES NOT guarantee happiness. Only 62% of men and 27% of women placed a high priority on a satisfying sexual relationship...A very attractive, retired high school teacher whose name I shall not use describes herself as "75 going on 50." She loves her single life, she walks 6 miles four times a week, ski's and bikes and says freely to all who'll listen that she has trouble finding a man over 65 who's not looking for "a nurse with a purse." As an African American woman she would prefer a black man, but at this stage of her life she laughs that if a man has good teeth real or not, can see, and can hear well enough to listen to her express herself she doesn't care what color he is...She has a good question to ask...What can we women do to enlighten these men to the tenderness and love we older ladies are still able to give? Any takers?? [Wink]

[ July 08, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Sex In America - 07/09/05 06:16 PM

A nurse with a purse. That is so cute.

I don't know, Chatty. Wasn't it you that said it's easier to teach a dog something than teaching a man?

Re: Sex In America - 07/10/05 12:59 AM

Yep I believe I did pass on that bit of wisdom. Been there, tried that and its true. Dogs are usually much loyaler too, he, he!!! [Razz]

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 03:43 AM

Okay ladies lets get some wisdom here from the singles entering the dating pool....got any ideas? [Confused]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 04:54 AM

It has been my experience that when meeting someone new, I can pretty much tell right away if there is anything there, if something clicks. So, what I do is what suits ME. I either let it develop naturally, or I let him know right up front that while he is a very nice person, I'm just not interested. HONESTY. That's the key in my book. If you can't be honest at our age, then something wrong, I say.

So how do you enlighten men at our age? You tell them what you like, and what you don't like. You tell them what works for you, and what doesn't. This is a two-way street and I have found that most men are thrilled to find out that you don't like playing games and are willing to talk about things, AND listen, and give honest feedback. So... I say TELL UM. Plain and simple.

JJ
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 10:04 AM

Funny story - I was boarding a plane and a woman standing next to me said "Did you notice that the passengers are all men?" (There was an electricians meeting somewhere)
Me - Actually, since I'm a single woman I did notice.
She - Well, we ought to get you fixed up with one of these guys.
Me - I'm not really interested in meeting one of them..... I have a dog."

About sex - Well, I have to be in love, and that takes a lot of time for me, it doesn't happen in a few dates. Some guys think your a freak if you don't want to get naked on the first or second date. I really like sex, at least from what I remember, but it's not much fun if it's with someone you don't trust. I think that's why it's better to wait until marriage.

Daisygirl
Posted by: Pattyann

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 04:57 PM

I think this quote by Ayn Rand should be a tenet to live by
"I consider promiscuity immoral. Not because sex is evil, but because sex is too good and too important"

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 05:39 PM

Good Heavens to Betsy! We're talking about sex? I thought we were just talking about being able to DISCUSS THINGS with men, not how to tell them what to do during sex! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Your Honor, can my message above be stricken from the record? I wasn't referring to sex partners, I was referring to getting along with the opposite sex. I swear to read better next time. Holy Moly...

JJ [Eek!]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Sex In America - 09/18/05 05:45 PM

I think if you fall in love with a man and he isn't real good in bed, you can teach him what to do and where to do it. [Wink]

Yeah JJ, act all innocent. Sure....
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 01:30 AM

I think a good read in answer to this question is the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.

He makes communicating about our love needs (not just sex) simple-not easy just simple.

Lynn

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 01:32 AM

Hey, the title of the thread is "Sex in America"!

JJ, What could possibly be more important to discuss with a man than what to do in bed?

"I think this quote by Ayn Rand should be a tenet to live by
"I consider promiscuity immoral. Not because sex is evil, but because sex is too good and too important"

I agree 100%! I would like to add that I believe God created sex to be practiced in a marriage because it involves our emotions, spirit, and body and if we misuse this gift, we can be harmed in all those aspects of our being. God's rules are not to control, but to protect us.

Daisygirl

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 04:13 AM

Well excuseeeee me! I thought it said SIX in America. I have nothing to contribute then. My memory isn't THAT good. teehee...

JJ
Posted by: Danita

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 04:30 AM

Daisey, You said what I was thinking! LOL (about the title)

Well J.J....Six WHAT in America? What were you thinking? Hmpf, some people. You can dress them up, give them a great title, and then....what...what do you get from them??????

Danita

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 05:38 AM

J.J. thought it meant the SIX good men in America. It would be a short story.

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 07:36 AM

DG,

ROTFL!

Danita

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 03:12 PM

Actually I thought it was the Top Six Reasons Not to ReMarry!

1. Child-bearing years are over
2. Can make my own living
3. Don't have to cook for him
4. Don't have to cook for him
5. No Mother-in-law
6. The lids always down

JJ

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 06:41 PM

How about:

1. Don't have to fake headaches all the time.
2. Can entertain myself.
3. Don't have to share the t.v. and the remote.
4. Don't have to listen to the same stories, over and over again.
5. Can spend more time with my girlfriends, shopping!
6. Don't have to wash up on the week-ends so that he won't see me as a "house hag"

Oops, did I just hit the send button? LOL

Danita
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 06:46 PM

I have to admit that Danita's reasons are very appealing...and I'm happily married! Most of the time.

But I WOULD have to add JJ's #6. I do get very tired of those early morning dips in the pool. Those would be the moments when I try hard to remember why I gave up my glory days of (dry) freedom and singlehood for this...

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 08:56 PM

ok. Eagle, do we want to know?
a.m. dips in the pool? You've got me stumped! (you, him, both of you? or is this a metaphor?)

I thought of another one....

7. I get the whole bed, closet, sink, and all the dressers! Woooohooooo

8. My dog becomes my "significant other" (not in a weird way, you know). (LOL)

We could start a chat on "why dogs are better then men". rotfl

I'm sorry ladies, I love men and my hubby, it's just fun to make fun of them sometimes. I will stop now!

giggles,
danita
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Sex In America - 09/19/05 09:45 PM

I agree with Daisygirld regarding sex and Ayn Rand's quote, thank you for that!

Regarding reasons not to remarry, I would like to add:

1. Drive your own sports car and not share it!
2. Shop all you want!
3. Sleep in on weekends!
4. Pursue your dreams!
5. Take the trip he never entertained!
6. Take as long shower/bath as you like!
7. Don't have to listen to his snoring (well, my dog snores!)
8. Be ambivalent!
Posted by: The Power of Addicted Lov

Re: Sex In America - 09/20/05 06:39 AM

These postings are sure giving me a laugh to end my day with.

You ladies are hilarious!

Still laughing here!

Teresa

Re: Sex In America - 09/20/05 05:28 PM

I think some of these posts got lost in cyberspace last night...my explanation of my "3am dips in the pool" isn't here anymore.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Sex In America - 09/20/05 05:44 PM

Eagle,

Please don't explain the 3 a.m. dips in the pool.

I for one am enjoying my own personal fantasy.

[Eek!] [Wink] [Confused] [Big Grin]

smile

Re: Sex In America - 09/20/05 05:56 PM

Could I at least mention that we don't have a pool? [Eek!]

[ September 20, 2005, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

Re: Sex In America - 09/20/05 06:31 PM

Eagle,

I've got your back - I read your post - and know what happens in your house in the weeee morning hours!

rofl,

danita

[ September 20, 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Danita ]