Meet my new babies!

Posted by: ladyjane

Meet my new babies! - 09/20/07 08:21 PM

This is what arrived at my home Wednesday evening. The pic was taken at 5:30 A.M. this morning as I found them getting up from their snooze. Hubby "fell in love" with them on his way home from work...and THEN called me. I have to admit that I was smitten within a few seconds. I'm finally getting that physical exercise that I was concerned about since I left work to work at home. I'm such a proud new Mama! My older two cats aren't sure what to think yet. These two little guys are so energetic and playful. Such sweeties! We've taken today to come up with names....keep you posted!
[image]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/frajan84/babies920072-1.jpg[image/]

okay...let's try this again... - 09/20/07 08:23 PM

[img]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/frajan84/babies920072-1.jpg[img/]

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/20/07 08:23 PM

awww...darn!!! WHY can't I do this again? hmmm

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/20/07 08:25 PM

Posted by: chatty lady

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/20/07 09:58 PM

What handsome little guys....How is it your husband had them? Are you keeping them for yourselves?
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/20/07 11:10 PM

Oh how cute! They are twins!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 02:08 AM

Oh my gosh, look at those cute snickerdoodles! Your gonna have a hoop of fun!

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 09:53 AM

Hubby and I had been talking this year about getting another kitten....but not recently. He was on his way home from work and saw THE sign and stopped in. And yes, they're all ours forever now. I was apprehensive at first. Here I am starting a new business, a little stressed and now TWO little guys somersaulting and jumping all around me!! But we've smiled, played and laughed and maybe that's a good thing! They're affectionate loves all the way and we're blessed....a bit crazy probably, but blessed!! But hubby's been warned to ignore future signs for now! Four cats, an African Grey parrot & lovebird is enough for this zoo.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 10:56 AM

Little darlings.
I have a memory book in my heart for my cats.
My little lady went to Rainbow Bridge two years ago.I then felt so sad I said ...never again...
I am at present feeling and loving a stray feral cat.She now eats from my hand suns herself...follows me but resits a petting time.
Your two look will give you lots of fun.
Mountain ash

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 11:07 AM

Mountain Ash, we had our 15 yearold cat also go to Rainbow Bridge this past January, a day before my birthday. It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet. I've found that within a reasonable time, it's good to love another again. Even though I let go with great difficulty, the years spent loving and caring eventually outweigh the pain of their departure. I can't imagine life without them!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 12:45 PM

They are so darling and let me say that I love a man that would do what your hubby did. Good for him! He must have a gentle heart. Isn't that so nice?

Those babies are just adorable. Have you come up with names yet? I think our animals bring balance into our lives. A certain calmness, instant love, and many more things. I know Trixie (my boxer) is my pal. Well, except when she tries to wear my crown. That has GOT to stop!

Anyway, enjoy your new babes...can't wait to hear what you named them!

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 01:09 PM

Yeah, JJ, they do indeed bring balance into our lives....can't imagine living without it. I have always named my pets human names. Seeing they're a duo, I've thought of all the great ones...Amos and Andy sound soooo cute....who knows? Maybe we'll have this accomplished by nightfall. One thing they've already supplied is ample opportunities to laugh and smile....all good stuff for us physically and emotionally. Yeah, my hubby has a huge heart and a very sensitive spirit...unbelievably so at times. If he hadn't been a cat (or animal) person, I could never have married him. It would have been the height of incompatibility for me!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 01:19 PM

Are they male? You called them "cute little guys" in your previous post, so I'm assuming they are. There are so many cute names out there. Keep us posted on what you come up with....Mork and Mindy....Laurel and Hardy....Ricky and Fred...Luc---okay, okay...teehee.

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 01:24 PM

Oh yes they're males. I love Ricky and Fred...lol...must write all these down!
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 02:56 PM

Oh, so cute in their little tuxedos!! Congratulations!!

My soul-mate, our beloved Samantha, is waiting at the Bridge, also.

But, we still have Jesse, a feline who has a mind of her own.

We also have four cockers and a pond with Koi.

People ask us if we can tell who the "alpha" dog is. Without question, the alpha in our zoo is Jesse, who apparently doesn't know that she is smaller than her canine or human family.

I love living in a zoo. My husband does, too. We wouldn't have it any other way!

I vote for Ricky and Fred. Toooo cute!!

Emily
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 09:25 PM

ladyjane,

They are adorable! Having their playful energy around will help keep you bubbling and loving your new endeavor! Have fun with them!
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 10:01 PM

I'm jealous. My hubby won't allow me to have a cat, or a dog for that matter. We have 6 fish, and he says that's all the pets we need. But I think one of these days, I'll find a pet I want and I'm going to bring it home. He'll get used to the idea and will love a pet once it is settled. He's afraid an animal will tear up the furniture and make messes. Perhaps, but I get lonely at night when he's not home. A dog or cat would keep me company. Anyway, your kittens are absolutely adorable.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/21/07 11:02 PM

Oh Lordy, I have to tell you something ladies. I am moderating another site full of adult (???) published authors, and all they do is bicker. EGO's are the problem as I see it, and then I leave there and rush, run, fly over here to read beautiful, loving, kind posts such as this one, and it eases my soul... JJ love your kitty names, I thought of Tom & Jerry, both famous cartoon cats in the movies and also black and white...Hope everyone has a peaceful, and safe weekend.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: okay...let's try this again... - 09/22/07 05:20 PM

I have to agree with JJ. A man that loves animals must have a good heart. You got some special guy there, and I'm sure you provide those cats a "meugnificent" cat heaven.