electric fences

Posted by: Dotsie

electric fences - 02/07/05 08:04 AM

Egads! We have an electric fence for our little girl Kelly and it's worked like a charm...until her collar fell off our car while riding down the road. We took it off so she could go for a ride with us and put it on the back of the other car in the driveway. We didn't realize it until the next day and by then it was L O N G gone.

No big deal. I'll get another one. NOT! They cost $269.00! Can you imagine that? So we've been going along without one and she's beginning to cross the street.

This week I'm taking the check book and forking over the money. We've debated, but God knows if anything happened to her we'd all be sick.

What a racket. Maybe I should have put this in the whine forum. [Mad]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: electric fences - 02/06/05 10:13 PM

Bless her little heart.I hope you get one soon so she won't attempt to cross the street anymore.

Dotsie, check Ebay for price comparisons for this(don't forget to ck shipping costs/feedback)

chickadee
Posted by: smilinize

Re: electric fences - 02/06/05 11:22 PM

I saw one of those things that was a training thingy. You pressed a button and it gave the dog a little jolt. I'm wondering if those things work for husbands.
Breakfast in bed anyone?

Youzah!!

smile
Posted by: unique

Re: electric fences - 02/06/05 11:36 PM

Dotsie, isn't the $269 for the whole system? That seems really high for just a collar. What if you had more than one dog? Sheesh, enough dogs and you could hire a human to watch them for less!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: electric fences - 02/07/05 05:52 AM

Dotsie call Pet Smart 1/800/872-3773. They have some superior sytstems and the top of the line one is $249.00 but they go for prices that vary from $109.00, $199.00, and they all say lifetime guarantee. Maybe you could check the one you have and say she lost the collar, one never knows and they might replace it so you don't have to purchase the entire kit....
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: electric fences - 02/07/05 07:43 AM

That is aggravating! We have three dogs, so three collars. I went through Invisible Fence (www.invisiblefence.com).

What's bad is when I need batteries! Three times $18 bucks. Yikes! [Eek!]

Re: electric fences - 02/09/05 08:55 AM

This is Invisible Fence. We had the system installed years ago when we got her. The price is for the collar only!

I just heard at prayer group yesterday that my friend's dog was hit and killed. I took that as a wake up call. I'm going this week. The thought of life without our little girl is devastating. She's worth so much more than the price of the collar, but I feel like Invisible Fence has the collar around my neck! [Mad]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: electric fences - 02/08/05 09:37 PM

Dotsie,
PM me the info on what you're looking for. I will do a quick search/good price/warranty etc on Ebay for you. Three day shipping and you'll have it by weeks end.(option only of course)

chickadee

Re: electric fences - 02/09/05 07:59 PM

Thanks for your help chick.

Chick tried to get a collar through Ebay, but the ones they offer might not be compatible with Electric Fence. [Mad]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: electric fences - 02/10/05 06:03 AM

Hi all, yes, that price sounds common for the collars. We had a typical suburban lot, and to install the fence it cost @$1400.00. Yes, Dotsie, I think that was a wake up call, not that you needed one. Love and Light, Lynn
Posted by: Dianne

Re: electric fences - 02/10/05 09:03 PM

My dear sweet dog, Mookie Wilson, was hit by a car several years ago because we let him out a final time at night and he must have seen something and chased it. We had removed his collar. It was horrible. Please replace the collar.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: electric fences - 02/10/05 09:16 PM

Oh, Dianne, I am so sorry. That is heart breaking. I've been wondering about the doggie in your book, but I keep forgetting to ask. Love and Light, Lynn
Posted by: Dianne

Re: electric fences - 02/11/05 02:08 AM

Oreo? I had to find her another home so gave her to two gay men that spoiled her rotten. She was very happy the last time I saw her. Fat too!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: electric fences - 02/11/05 02:18 AM

Everyone is grumbling about he cost of these collars and/or the batteries and they are a substancial outlay HOWEVER, have you priced a chain link fence lately???? I rest my case.

Re: electric fences - 02/16/05 11:27 PM

For the record...two hundred and eighty some dollars later = one electric collar. 269.00 + tax!

Kelly is now safe and sound!
[Big Grin]
And we are broke!

Re: electric fences - 02/23/05 08:06 AM

Just to add to the confusion, we are having the sidewalks and curbs redone in front of our home. Guess what they did with their lovely backhoe? Cut through the electric fence! Back to square one!