new kitten

Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

new kitten - 01/24/05 04:49 AM

Tuesday past I brought a kitten from the barn to the house. She's a tiny little thing, probably eight weeks or younger, and too small to have been weaned. I've been watching her for a while and thought she was doing okay but then, she wasn't. I've been vetting on her...antibiotics, ear mite meds, de-wormer and she's getting stronger. She's a black/orange/gray calico with plenty of spunk, now at least, and in my lap on her back as I type.

I told Dave I'm getting her strong and well and then will find a home for her. Dave is thinking we'll keep her; he likes the way she brings down my blood pressure. My old cat friend, Zoe, died a couple of months ago and I've missed having a cat in my lap...hmmmm, there's a book title...

This little one hasn't told me her name yet but she will, in time. I told Dave her name was Weenie because she's a Halloween cat but he said nope, not her. So, we wait for her to tell us her name.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: new kitten - 01/24/05 05:03 AM

quote:
She's a black/orange/gray calico with plenty of spunk
Awwww..

How 'bout "Spunky" or "Beepie" short for B P (blood pressure?) [Embarrassed]

Bless her 'lil heart, I love all God's creatures and said a prayer to ask for her healing.

Stay safe in the snow and cold, Thistle.

Being from Canada, I can relate a bunch.

chickadee
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: new kitten - 01/24/05 05:08 AM

I've said a prayer for that little spunky kitten of yours too Thistle. She sounds gorgeous. They say petting animals does bring down your blood pressure.....I know it relaxes me to have Sam, our cat, on my lap and available for petting! We both get a lot out of that deal I think.

Good luck with the "new baby" and let us know what SHE decides her name is OK? [Wink]

[ January 23, 2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Pam Kimmell ]