guilt

Posted by: Dotsie

guilt - 11/26/04 06:05 PM

Do you feel guilty when you leave your pets behind on the holidays? Our poor dog hates being home alone. Thanksgiving is one holiday I wish I could take her along. She'd love being around all the people...and food!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: guilt - 11/26/04 06:41 PM

Are you kidding me? Trixie is practically pushing me out the door. She thinks I don't know, but the moment I leave, she jumps on the computer and surfs, goes in chat rooms, and shops. It is also when she writes. How do I know? Shoot--that's easy.

There's always crumbs from her snacks all over the place and the chair is adjusted to fit her big ah...exterior. AND....I start getting emails from names like "SamTheSheperd" or "BloodhoundBubba." It ain't rocket science.

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: guilt - 11/27/04 01:51 AM

This is only the second holiday I wasn't having a housefull and actually went out but the first thing I did when I got in the door after removing my coat was to take out two small plates and dish up Reeta and Rosee's leftovers my son sent to them. They enjoyed turkey, alittle stuffing, and each had a dallop of candied yams. I saved their ham slices until today for dinner. Both ate, drank water, went to their potty place and curled up with me on my bed and we all slept like 3 stuffed logs....Oh and guess what? Rosee the smallest one snores, she sounds like a freight train....but you gotta love her....To answer Dotsies question, YES, I feel guilty leaving them alone especially on the holidays.... [Frown]
Posted by: Dana_dup1

Re: guilt - 12/02/04 10:59 PM

Thank you for this post(thought I was the only one that would feel this way)-I would feel very guilty and have in the past! My animals are so much a part of everything-they know when it is a holiday and even when it is one of their birthdays. You would not believe Christmas morning!!! I have to fight with them to stay away from their presents and stockings-it's a race to see who gets downstairs first, me or them! And surprisingly, they know which presents are theirs. Christmas, especially is a riot because of them! Great question Dotsie-I look forward to reading more responses! Dana