an UNBELIEVABLE story

Posted by: lionspaaw

an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 04:46 AM

You may remember a post about Max -- the rottweiler that needed a home

WELL -- my sister FINALLY got Max to a home -- but just never really felt comfortable about it.
She then found out that the dog was being left outside and wasn't eating or taking his medicine and she was SOOOOoooo upset that she had left him in this situation. She and her husband and daughter prayed and prayed about this poor dog.

Then on a "whim" she ran his microchip number (it should have been run when the rescue group first got him) and found that the name of the owner was NOT the owner that had turned him in to be put down. She called the powers to be that you call when you find an animal with these chips and asked about it. While they were talking - this little bell kept going off in her mind and finally she turned to her daughter and asked her wasn't the next door neighbor's (the one that moved there a few months ago and had a big male rottie)name was _____. Dallas said she thought so and she went over there and asked her and found that she had a rottie STOLEN from her 6 yrs ago. The cops and lawyer told her all she could do was keep the microchip info updated with her current name/address/phone etc and if the dog was ever lost and a check was done on the microchip -- she would get her dog back.

WELL -- this lady and Max have been reunited. I asked my sister if she thought Max remembered her and she said that the lady took Max's face and started cooing to him like she used to and calling him her pet name for him and all of a sudden he started to cry and talk and whine back at her. Barb said that she and Dallas had gone to visit Max at the vets (they were keeping him until they could find a home for him so they wouldnt have to put him down) twice a day for almost 2 weeks and as much as they had bonded - he had never done this with her so she was SURE he knew he was home again.

Is this not just unbelievable ????

I asked how the ladies other big male was taking this and she said that she has two big dog crates in the "dogs" bedroom -- of course it's all decorated with "rotties" -- and her other male went in his cage to go to bed and Max just walked in and got in the other cage and they slept all through the night [Smile]

If my sister hadn't fought so hard to keep this dog alive -- this happy ending would never had happened -- I am just SOOoooo proud of her !!!

and I had to share [Big Grin]

just goes to show -- the Lord answers prayers for all his creatures [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 05:41 AM

Girl,
This would make a great rescue story for a magazine. I'm proud of Barb too! And her daughter. You two go!!!

I'm so happy the dog was reunited with his Mommy...it's just an amazing story.
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 07:15 AM

lionspaaw,
I loved hearing your sister's story. Thank you for sharing it! There really are no coincidences are there!
La
This really should be on that PAX TV show about miracle pets.

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 02:11 PM

Just thought I'd tell ya that the Omaha World Herald is doing a story on Max this morning [Smile]

Max defied death 5 times in the last 9 months so it really is a great story. Maybe I'll contact Animal Planet too !!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 04:08 PM

Oh Carolyn - that is such a wonderful story with a truly unbelievably happy ending! Thanks so much for sharing that with us....I was worried about that dog and now to know that he's with his "real" family - well - it's just beautiful.
[Wink]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/20/04 04:44 PM

These are the kind of stories I enjoy hearing. Do what you can to spread the good news! [Wink]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/21/04 01:18 AM

To me there is nothing except as child that is more precious and special than a faithful pet. Your story touched me in a way you can't imagine. If I could I would reward your sister and her daughter for their diligence and devotion to this dog. I am a rescue sponser and have been for 13 years. Numerous animals have passed through my home and some were reunited with their owners and their happiness was uncontainable. What she did was selfless and kind and simply beyond words. I only hope more people join in the fight to protect our furry friends and all the others too. Please click on the site below to feed an animal for FREE.... [Big Grin]

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/21/04 05:09 PM

chatty -- isn't it a shame how people treat their animals -- oh i know its nothing compared to the abused children and orphans in the world -- but we're talking about people who just "get tired" of taking care of the dog/cat/bird etc that they got on a "whim" and they just dump them.

but Max is a happy ending and is gaining weight already and will die an old dog in the same home he was brought into the world in [Big Grin]

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/22/04 12:28 AM

AMEN TO THAT and who's to measure the disasterous effects of abuse whether it be on kids or animals. Abuse is abuse and should be dealt with lightning fast and severly. Ifv this were the "OLD WEST" I'm afraid I would have the reputation as a no nonsense gunslinger, ridding the world of the SCUM that abuses kids or animals. Good thing its not legal now. I have seen some terrible abused helpless little animals that made me want to rip a humans heart out or whatever was in there in place of a heart. I've seen too much and it has hardened me in a way that I am less than understanding with whiners that can control their own fate if they wanted to, unlike these little creatures. [Frown]

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/23/04 12:32 PM

[Big Grin] i KNEW i liked you for some reason Chatty [Big Grin]

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/23/04 11:16 PM

Thanks for that Lionspaw, you are in a small majority liking me as I can be harsch and am not very understanding when people do stupid things and then say "sorry, I didn't know." I am probably the most truthful person around but haven't learned to control my heart and feelings which are usually attached to my mouth. Ask Dotsie, shes had to scold me more than once and with good reason...I truly do love people BUT,

ANIMALS AND CHILDREN

come first in my book. Always have, always will. [Razz]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/24/04 01:34 AM

You should write about this for the Animal Planet Network. I think they have miracle stories like this. It's truly a beautiful tale.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/24/04 07:02 AM

Such a touching story! I have three dogs, and they hold a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

Re: an UNBELIEVABLE story - 08/24/04 02:01 PM

well chatty -- i dont think you can beat a child or animal -- starve them, terrify them or any of the horrible things people do and then just say "oops sorry -- i didnt know"

looks like Max has congestive heart failure [Frown]
but his mommy doesnt care if she only has him for a few days, weeks, months -- she's just sooooo grateful to have him back home

it's funny you mention animal planet -- i am in the middle of I'Ming back and forth with my sister as i type this and i had suggested that she contact them just before reading your post [Smile] i guess great minds think alike [Big Grin]