Do you pray for dogs?

Posted by: DonnaJ

Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 03:48 AM

If so, mine could use some prayer. Little Angel, my 14 lb. toy poodle (of Poodle and Doodle fame :)), has something wrong with her bladder or kidneys. Poor little thing has been on antibiotics and pain pills for two weeks in case it was simply a bladder infection, but she is not any better. I take her in the morning for an x-ray of her bladder and kidneys. I'm hoping there is no blockage where she has to have surgery.

Donna
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 04:40 AM

I'm sending prayers for you and Little Angel, DonnaJ. Having experienced a dog who becomes very sick, I have some idea of how you are feeling. Hope he x-ray shows the situation is improving.

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 06:01 AM

Thank you so much. I'll let you know what I find out.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 02:41 PM

DonnaJ, I also have a mini poodle who has issues with bladder stones; he had them when I first adopted him. My vet is awesome with using herbs and such; Spud has been on a Chinese herb for a couple of years that seems to be keeping the stones at minimum. Sending healing energy to you and your baby and hope everything turns out to be minor.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 03:38 PM

I pray for my dogs. Whenever there's an upset, I pray and pray.
Sent prayers for Angel as soon as I read this. I always wished
a dog's life equaled that of humans. I love dogs so much; and
know exactly what you and yonuh are going through!!!

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 05:09 PM

Thanks for the prayers, everyone! I just got back. No stones! Thank God! The vet said she has a very bad infection though, so keep her in your prayers. She's such a sweet little dog. I'll post her pic in the photo section.

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/08/12 05:54 PM

She is a sweetie! Hope she gets over the infection soon - I hate when my furry babies are sick or just under the weather. It's hard to know what's wrong since they can't really tell us! My Spud's picture is my avatar!

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/09/12 01:22 PM

I noticed a report on ABC National News last night where the medical community is using dogs for testing cancer cures. They're trying various drugs on dogs with various types of the disease; the advancements in medicine are helping prolong the life of some dogs. Love that! And at the same time that 7/1 ratio in life-years is helping find treatments for human.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/10/12 02:03 AM

Wow! I hadn't heard that. Thanks for telling us about these efforts.

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/10/12 02:31 PM

Welcome. I love hearing stories like this, making me feel the whole world hasn't gone heartless.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/10/12 11:00 PM

I hope these treatments and testing is supervised and administered kindly and gently to these dogs. They feel fear and pain as we do.

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/11/12 03:45 PM

Well, I hope so too. You know my love for dogs. The excerpt I saw, said that, that particular dog's life had been prolonged by the medicine they'd administered. That made me happy!

I'm one of those people who believe dogs' spirits go to Heaven when they die.

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/11/12 07:03 PM

DonnaJ, how is your Little Angel doing?

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/16/12 06:51 PM

She is hanging in there, poor thing. She's now on her second round of antibiotics and has been started on a steroid. She's not whining like she was at the back door all the time, but when she does urinate, she still seems like she's straining. I still have another week of meds to go, so we'll see. She seems a mite better, but still not completely over this.

Thanks for asking!

Re: Do you pray for dogs? - 02/17/12 02:53 PM

Hi DonnaJ! Does Angel have a urine infection? Hope she's well asap! Prayers and blessings...