SASSY GIRL

Posted by: chatty lady

SASSY GIRL - 08/03/10 11:52 PM

After a trip to the vet she is now 4.8 pounds and a real pistol. She certainly is her name and gives me a hard way to go, all in fun of course. She hasn't been around too many dogs yet but she needs to be in order to be socialized. She is a spoiled girl and I am a bad momma who loves spoiling her. Does anyone else have a new kitten or puppy? If so what are they like or what have our loving familar pets been up to this oh so hot summer?
Posted by: Anno

Re: SASSY GIRL - 08/04/10 01:17 PM

You would get the biggest kick out of our kitty, Shiva. You may remember that I picked her up for Dennis after we found out officially that he has MSA. She is two years old now and as lazy as a cat can be.

She is nueorologically impaired, just like Dennis! She can't leap or jump, which is great - no cat hair on our food. She also can't walk very well, and trips easily. Sometimes, when she falls or has been laying down, she has a difficult time getting up.

So I spoil her. I pick her up and let her sleep in our bed. I pick her up and let her sit on our deck. I pick her up....

The vet thinks that her brain is undeveloped because of no nursing when she was born or that her mother had herpes. She was found on the street when she was a day or two old.

She's a cutie, and even though I am really a dog person, I love her to pieces.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: SASSY GIRL - 08/04/10 07:44 PM

Have you heard? A new cat breed is on the market. I saw this on TV yesterday. The cat looks like a mini leopard, and acts like a dog. It loves to swim, greets his/her owner, and walks with the owner, by foot. lol .... I saw the film clip. Amazing.

Re: SASSY GIRL - 08/04/10 11:04 PM

I love all animals but cats and dogs especially. I am a nut however for Sammie, Dianne's African Grey parrot. Good for you for spoiling your beloved cat Anno, itr is as hard for them to be disabled as it is for us.

I haven't seen that new breed cat Edelweiss but probably will on the Animal Channel.
Posted by: jabber

Re: SASSY GIRL - 09/30/10 01:57 PM

Chatty,
How'd Sassy do with the camping trip? Did like it?

Re: SASSY GIRL - 09/30/10 11:24 PM

She was so cute, everything scared her and she stayed pretty close to me but she was so nosey checking out all the new smells and objects. She is not very socialized and doesn't take well to strangers but what a little love she is. I have new pictures of her to be posted but since Georgia isn't here I need to find someone to post them for me.

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/01/10 01:24 PM

She sound so cute. Can't wait to see the pictures. Where's jj,
on vacation? Just wonderin'!

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/02/10 12:19 AM

Out of town last we spoke.

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/02/10 01:59 PM

I see. Hope she's having fun. Knowing jj, she's having a ball!
Ciao for now,

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/04/10 12:31 PM

Hey Chatty,
What do you feed such a little dog? I'd think they need special
food? Just wondering!

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/04/10 08:12 PM

I feed her Blue Buffalo dry puppy chow and add canned Blue Buffalo plus make my own food for her. Fresh veggies chopped with lean red meats, fish or chicken and turkey. She loves to eat! She is funny because she begs for any fruits I eat and she gets some too!!!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/04/10 09:56 PM

Hi Chatty,

We are just getting commercials for Blue Buffalo pet foods on our local TV channels, in the past month or so. But I have a friend, a woman I once coached, who has educated me to the huge importance of feeding these sorts of good, healthy foods to our pets. Glad you are taking such good care of her!

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/05/10 12:52 PM

Chatty,
I'm glad I asked. I never heard of Blue Buffalo, canned or dry food; I give my dog the Health Bars, however. I'll look
into the other types of food! Thanks.

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/12/10 12:44 AM

This coming Saturday where I live is having an Octoberfest, all the good foods one eats for that time plus then after we eat they are having a Cutest Dog Contest, and I am entering Sassy.
Wish her luck!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/12/10 12:45 AM

Good luck, Sassy! Hope she wins - and we want pictures!

Re: SASSY GIRL - 10/13/10 01:29 PM

Good luck, Sassy! I'll bet you'll win over the judges' hearts!!!