My new pup...

Posted by: ariadne54

My new pup... - 09/24/08 08:49 PM

I recently adopted a pup from the local animal shelter. He was in a kennel cage with two of his golden retriever-looking siblings. He was the biggest, fattest boy, and I brought him home, sure he was all Golden. The people there told me that the other 8, yes EIGHT, pups in the adjoining cage were brought in by the same person all at the same time. These 8 looked like German Shepherd pups. Now, my pup, which I named "Fozzie Bear," has ears standing up just like a German Shepherd, and I'm thinking they were all from the same litter. So, I have a Golden Retriever - German Shepherd mix! I hope to post some pics of him. I also have three cats, and they tolerate him.
Patty
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My new pup... - 09/24/08 10:19 PM

Ariadne54, the first thing I saw when entering the forum this afternoon was your pups precious little face...what a treat! Just adorable and A ZILLION KUDOS for you for adopting him from a shelter...
Posted by: ariadne54

Re: My new pup... - 09/25/08 08:15 PM

Thanks, Chatty! I thought I was getting a Golden Retriever, as I said, but now think he has GSD in him, which is actually great. Very smart boy, but also a challenge, and I hope I can do well by him in training him as he is going to be a BIG doggy!
Love
Patty
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My new pup... - 11/14/08 12:52 AM

Ariadne54, everytime I post something that sweet Fozzie Bear face is staring at me. He is so adorable and I was wondering how he is doing after he has been with you now for awhile? Is he a good dog?