Exciting Times

Posted by: chatty lady

Exciting Times - 10/07/05 04:28 AM

Does anyone remember the hussle and bussle of preparing for PROM NIGHT??
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: Exciting Times - 10/07/05 06:27 AM

Yes, Girl! I loved my last two proms bc I went with Brad (now my husband of 7 years). They were so magical! And getting ready for them made me feel like a princess! Those are some of my favorite memories. Dancing in his arms. Oh-sorry...I went to la la land for a minute! [Smile] I loved prom, though!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Exciting Times - 10/07/05 09:46 PM

chatty, beelieve it or not...I took my hubby to both my junior and senior high school proms. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Once a year we go to a blcak tie affair at the zoo. We go with several other couples. One of the gals refers to it as "the prom." We get our nails done, sometimes buy new outfits, get together before, and all travel by limo, and eat and dance the night away. It's fun to be kids again.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Exciting Times - 10/08/05 03:40 AM

That sounds just like a real prom night to me and I bet it makes for wonderful memories for everyone....Your hubby sounds romantic, is he?
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Exciting Times - 10/08/05 05:11 AM

I do . I asked the boy across the street where I lived . I didn't have a boyfriend at the time. I had a lovely pink ball gown that I still have today and dyed pink shoes . Pure 60's look . That "A" Line look does anyone remember that. They call it the Jackie O look . It was a hot summer night what fun we had .

Had my hair done that afternoon in a French Roll and nails done in pink. Still love pink and red

[ October 07, 2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]
Posted by: Danita

Re: Exciting Times - 10/08/05 05:17 AM

I get to go to "Prom" this year!

My hubby and I are going to a "snowflake Banquet" up at the timeshare we own in Breckenridge.

I heard it is semi-formal so I called to make sure we won't be over dressed. In colorado, dressing up means ironing your denims! Ha! (this WILL be a formal event! woo hoo)

Can't wait! It'll take place in November, just around our anniversary! There ARE tickets available ladies, come join us!

counting the pounds...er, ah...I mean days!

d.

[ October 07, 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]