playing in leaves?

Posted by: Dotsie

playing in leaves? - 11/22/04 10:42 PM

Yesterday I raked for an hour and a half without stopping. [Big Grin] Great exercise! [Wink]

I was remembering all the times I played in the leaves as a kid and also with my own children. Sweet memories! [Big Grin]

We had leaf battles, did cartwheels, forward and backward rolls, hand stands, and piled them at the bottom of the sliding board so we could slide through them. It was so much fun.

My kids did the same when they were little.

Anyone up for a leaf battle? I don't know about the gymnastics! [Eek!] [Razz]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: playing in leaves? - 11/23/04 01:53 AM

Dots, I can just imagine you out there playing in the leaves.
Reminded me of once when I worked for a non profit. A big city foundation gave us a hundred thousand dollars so we had a banquet for them.
My secretary had the idea of decorating the tables with candles and colorful fall leaves which she got from the trees in the area.
It was really beautiful. At least until the candles warmed up some kind of bugs in the leaves that began crawling all over the tables. We had to try to look nonchalant while evacuating everyone and distracting them from the insect invasion.
After we finally got everybody out of there, we about died laughing. It was hilarious.
They never gave us any more money.
smile

[ November 22, 2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: playing in leaves? - 11/23/04 03:50 AM

Ah, the changing of the seasons and the crisp colorful leaves gracefully fluttering to the ground. One of the strongest memories I have is the smell of burning leaves in the Fall....Now its against the law to burn them, even to bag them, now you merely rake them to the curb and a truck comes by and sucks them all up....nothing memorable there!! [Frown]
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: playing in leaves? - 11/23/04 04:48 PM

The truth....I was rolling in a nice crisp leaf pile just the other day! I have pictures of the kids that are some of my favorites in leaf piles.
I love the smell, the crinkle, the colors....ah bliss.