HULU HOOPS............

Posted by: Dotsie

HULU HOOPS............ - 11/29/05 10:42 PM

has any one tried doing the hulu hoops? i know it was in years ago & you can buy them now at some places..i was real good at it years ago, im 53now & with arthrithis in both knees...i woulnt dare to do it now...LOL [Eek!]
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: HULU HOOPS............ - 11/30/05 01:39 AM

Yucks!

I couldn't manage one when they came out years ago, so I'm sure I couldn't now, either. They were fun to use if your could. I think this will be their 3rd reincanation.
Posted by: ladybug

Re: HULU HOOPS............ - 11/30/05 02:02 AM

I had a lime green hula hoop with a thin white stripe on it. I loved mine when I was a kid.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: HULU HOOPS............ - 11/30/05 02:23 AM

Mine was "electric pink" with a white stripe and I know I'd probably put my back AND knees out if I tried "hooping" at this stage of my life! I remember it was a lot of fun....and we'd see who could keep theirs going the longest....then when we got tired of hula hooping we'd switch to jump rope and who could do THAT the longest.

Gosh - wish I had about a tenth of that energy now! LOL
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: HULU HOOPS............ - 11/30/05 03:41 AM

It still boggles my mind how someone became a millionaire because of inventing a large circle people played with. Wonder who came up with the name? Mine was candy striped... [Big Grin]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: HULU HOOPS............ - 11/30/05 06:49 AM

I used to walk all the way around the block while my hula hoop swirled around my waist...I remember one summer in particular..I was 8 years old and all we girls did was twirl our hula hoops....years later I bought them for my own daughters...they all loved them too and I could still get it going and keep it going for a while...just couldn't walk around the block without dropping it like I could when I was only 8.... [Smile]