Our Kids Today

Posted by: smilingthrulife

Our Kids Today - 01/30/04 01:39 PM

Do you have sit and wonder what our kids will think about there past like we are doing now. I wonder what our world will be like when my son is my age. If I live to be 78 I might see that but I wonder if technology will change as dramatically as it did in our days. Think about it ...My grandmother still had an outhouse up til I was starting junior high.

I tell my son these things and he's always in awe and cant believe it. Like having a black and white tv with only 3 channels. No airconditioning but big ceiling attic fans. Girls having to wear dresses to school. The outdoors was our playground with lots of neighborhood kids. The streets were full of us blaying baseball, football, kickball, and soccerball...redrover, red light green light, simon saids, mother may I..drop the hanky, musical chairs.

I saw a nextel phone commercial playing duck duck goose? My son didn't get the commercial cause he never played it.

So I wonder what memories my son will remember when he's my age. Where will our generations be like then?
Posted by: smilingthrulife

Re: Our Kids Today - 01/30/04 01:40 PM

Sorry about my typing and misspelling...its 4 am and I'm still asleep and I just type as I think and not proof reading...bear with me.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Our Kids Today - 01/31/04 08:09 AM

smiling, I don't know, but I sure hope kids play outside and get fresh air. All the screens are taking over. Just my opinion!

I already feel like my parents when I tell my kids, "When I was a kid...." Seems odd, but so much has already changed! [Big Grin]