Hip Hugger/Bell Bottoms/Burned Bras

Posted by: smilingthrulife

Hip Hugger/Bell Bottoms/Burned Bras - 01/29/04 02:49 PM

I know someone inthe section mention the Bell Bottoms hip huggers and that reminded me of a scene with my mom:

I remember this one pair of purple hip hugger bell bottome brushed courdoy jeans. The top of the pants were 3 buttons tall, adorned witha wide white hip hugger belt. My top was a "skinny ribbed" mauve pink crop tank top. Oh that was my favorite outfit.

I was seventeen when I bought this outfit...infact my boyfriend bought for me. The braless look was just coming out when I was that age. I put that outfit on to go out and about with my boyfriend and my mother had a hissy fit cause I wasn't wearing a bra. Well how can you wear a bra under a tank (spagetti straps) top without the bra showing...I asked her...her answer was you DONT...therefore you aint wearing it.....

I fussed and said why...I'm just going out with Donnie....and mother replied...."Thats what I'm worried about"....well at the time I really didn't know what she meant...but I marched in a huff and changed my top. Ruined the outfit I you asked me....But mother was caring....

Also about that age I purchased my first 2 piece bathing suit. I wanted a bikini but mother again put her foot down and said NO....Well...I got one over her...I bought a two piece that came up to my belly button..but the neat trick was it had ties...when I was out of mom's eyes I would tied it down to my bikini...

The things I use to try a get by with.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Hip Hugger/Bell Bottoms/Burned Bras - 01/29/04 11:58 PM

I like your story smilingthrulife...

I can also relate. I can remember thinking how ancient Mother acted and it never crossed my mind that a boy would look at me in any other way than just friends...and then along came puberty...theirs. [Wink]