Women of '69

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Women of '69 - 05/27/15 01:42 AM

Fun photo essay. Check it out!

Women of '69 Unboxed
Posted by: orchid

Re: Women of '69 - 06/12/15 08:02 PM

I haven't looked at the link but I was only 10 years old at that time.

My youngest sibling was born that year. I remember along with other family members really excited to see another baby family member.

That sister is now a physician with 2 children of her own.

Re: Women of '69 - 06/13/15 01:57 AM

I was 17 that year, Orchid, a junior in high school. I spent the summer in Europe. Knew little about Woodstock, for example, until I returned. Read about man landing on the moon via articles and photos published in the Paris Match newspaper.

The living away from home was very formative, in ways I hadn't anticipated. I learned to make decisions for myself and actually had to handle being quite sick for a week that summer.

But when I returned home, my parents expected me to fall back into the routine of asking them if I could do something, leaving them to be the final deciders of my actions. I had matured past that, of course. Something they ought to have been proud of, since my parents had raised me with the goal of my becoming a capable, self-supporting adult.

But once that happened before they were expecting it, we had a bumpy senior year.

So these women were older than me, as well. But their reminiscences are quite fascinating IMHO.

Re: Women of '69 - and 70! - 07/16/15 10:16 PM

OK, so I graduated high school in June 1970. 45 years ago. This weekend my class is having a 45 year reunion.

I'll be back on the forum reliably on Monday, but can't promise I'll have Interent access before that.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

Anne