50 Years Since New York World's Fair

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

50 Years Since New York World's Fair - 04/22/14 10:17 PM

I didn't attend this fair, in fact, I've never been to any World's Fair.

But this photo heavy article from the New York Times makes an interesting read.

I love the little quotes form the various fair-goers. Their memories are precious. Loved the story one person shared about the Sinclair dinosaur from a vending machine that molded it on the spot... I think I might remember something like that from a much more recent visit to a major amusement park.

And who knew the Ford Mustang was introduced there, as well as Belgian waffles! (And did they also mention the Princess phone from AT&T?)

Hope you'll check out the article. And if you were lucky enough to have attended, please share some memories.
Posted by: Di

Re: 50 Years Since New York World's Fair - 04/22/14 11:13 PM

I/our family attended the one in NY a few times. I remember "It's a small world after all"......and the official colors were Orange and Blue.

It was HOT walking around.

Dad was sleeping when we got to go (Aunt and Uncle took us) so we got to "phone"him from a family-sized booth. We were in awe!!

Can't remember much more at the moment, but it'll come back to me eventually!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: 50 Years Since New York World's Fair - 04/23/14 02:34 PM

I wasn't lucky enough to attend the NY World's Fair, but I did go to Expo 67 in Montreal with a couple of friends from nursing school. I know I had some great pictures, but they were lost in a fire a few years later.