Blowing bubbles

Posted by: Dotsie

Blowing bubbles - 10/04/09 05:57 PM

I recently had a piece of bubble gum and found myself immediately blowing bubbles. Remember having bubble blowing contests? I remember being able to blow bubbles almost as big as my face.

I also recall babysitting and occupying the baby in my lap by blowing bubbles and popping them. It always made the babies laugh.

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/05/09 08:10 PM

Ever get it caught in your hair?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/05/09 08:11 PM

When mom bought a new bed for the four of us who slept in the old one (yep, four) the headboard was covered with bubble gum we had stuck on the backside of it right before we went to sleep.

She just about died...had one of those hissy fits, too. LOL! Ahhh...memories.

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/05/09 08:20 PM

You mean you didn't put it behind your ear when you went to bed?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/05/09 08:32 PM

Ahhhh, nooooo....you did? Ewww.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/06/09 12:43 AM

I never did, I can just imagine waking up with gum in my long thin hair. YIKES!!!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/06/09 08:42 AM

I still enjoy making the bubbles. But not in public. LOL!

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/06/09 12:49 PM

No, just kidding. I also had long hair.

diamond, I still blow bubbles too, but not very big ones because I chew sugar-free chewing gum. That doesn't create such big bubbles.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/07/09 11:52 PM

Now I hear that nail polish remover will take gum out of the hair, so grandma's heads up, just in case!
Posted by: Josie

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/15/09 05:06 PM

Until I read the first couple posts, I thought you meant blowing bubbles using the little plastic "blower" thingy and colored soapy water, which I LOVED doing as a kid.

I tried the gum thing and could not do ANY tricks with it at all. But I was GREAT at making really big rainbow bubbles from "soap water." I remember the drama in seeing how high the bubble would elevate before it burst. hahaha

In those days, it did not take much to keep us kids happy, eh?

Re: Blowing bubbles - 10/15/09 05:40 PM

Josie, I still get those little bottles of bubbles when we are hsving little people for company in the summer. I have a couple bottles on our patio now. They are so inexpensive and give such pleasure to young and old alike.

I couldn't think about chewing gum with this latest condition. OUCH!