Button earrings

Posted by: Di

Button earrings - 05/17/08 02:35 AM

Yes, I still have a few! One pair in Buttercup and one in Periwinkle.

A couple of friends and I used to switch often. Then we'd change their color with nail polish.

Remember that??
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Button earrings - 05/17/08 04:19 PM

I don't remember this. Were they earrings that look like buttons? Were they homemade from buttons or store bought? Gosh, I just don't remember them.

Re: Button earrings - 05/17/08 10:01 PM

They were round and flat. All different colors. Their earring posts, on the back, were either way at the top of the arch or the center of the earring.

They were BIG in the 70's. Anyone else remember them??
Posted by: gims

Re: Button earrings - 05/17/08 10:49 PM

Don't guess I had any, can't even picture anyone else wearing them (in my area of Texas, anyway). Do you have any pictures?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Button earrings - 05/17/08 11:02 PM

I must have had a dozen pairs about the size of half a dollar, also had several that were nickel size and more rounded or fuller than the larger flat ones. When I was a teenager I learned how to make round earrings the size of nickels out of rick-a rack, with a pearl or stone in the center. I even orders from moms friends and some of my teachers and girlfriends. I sold dozens of pairs @ a dollar a pair... I had forgotten all about them...

Re: Button earrings - 05/17/08 11:05 PM

And this is where I used to get them...I had sensitive ear holes back then. This company, Simply Whispers, has been around for YEARS!

http://simplywhispers.stores.yahoo.net/70143.html
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Button earrings - 05/18/08 09:48 PM

Oh yes, I had soem of those. I was picturing buttons with holes in them. I had buttons and balls. Remember the little ball ear rings? I had them in lots of colors to match all my clothes.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Button earrings - 05/19/08 05:47 AM

No, I did not have the buttons but, I had a square white one that looked like a huge chiclet. Wore it the entire summer of '69 and it got confiscated when I went back to school.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Button earrings - 05/19/08 09:14 AM

Oh I remember these and had quite a few at the time. I remember I had some large, square flat ones that were a dark pink swirl. It was rare for me to wear them because I was one that wore the huge hoops or danglies.