Valentines Day

Posted by: chatty lady

Valentines Day - 02/07/08 11:19 PM

I have to say this is a first for me since my 2nd. husband died. Both of my dear past husbands always made Valentines Day a sepcial one for us as a couple. Last night my detective friend asked me to a dance on Friday, Feb. 15th. since Valentines Day falls on a Thursday. Its black tie at the country club. I took out one of my formals I wore when working in Washington, its old yes, but like new as it was only worn once. It's deep purple on the bottom and at the bodice it becomes sparkling sequins of black, golds, purples, lavendars, silver, and pinks on top. Has a scoop neck ands three quarter sleeves. Perfect for a winter fromal. He will pick me up in a limo, he will be renting with two other detectives and their dates. I feel just like Chaterella...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Valentines Day - 02/07/08 11:37 PM

This is so exciting. I've heard you speak of him before. Pictures, we want pictures. Hoping they have some oldies but goodies for you to boogie down to. You go girl.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Valentines Day - 02/08/08 01:02 AM

Ooooo, a detective friend? What will he be detecting? Go, Chaterella, go!
Posted by: gims

Re: Valentines Day - 02/08/08 01:05 AM

Chaterella - that is so cute!
I hope you have the time of your life - well deserved!
Posted by: Dee

Re: Valentines Day - 02/08/08 01:19 AM

A LEMO???? I'm so jealous!!!! Your friend sounds like a sweetheart!!! Yes, like Dotsie said, pictures please. I'm really enjoying the photos that folks have posted on various forums. Oh, sweetheart...have the time of your life and enjoy every minutes....cut a rug for me.

Re: Valentines Day - 02/08/08 10:40 PM

Hey...Larry and I were taking our daily walk when he told me he got a personal leave day for Valentine's day...I was surprised because he's not a romantic and he's never gotten into this sort of stuff until he met me and I pouted when he didn't make it a big deal...so, wow...he's got something up his sleeve and I feel like a teenager about it...I can't wait to find out what it is.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Valentines Day - 02/08/08 11:34 PM

Oh wow, Chatty...yes, yes...pics!!!! Please?!?! Sounds wonderful! Dee, hmmmm....wonder what Larry's up to? Maybe he wants another P.J. party only with you in slinky lingerie!!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 01:54 AM

Chaterella...Chaterella! I love this. You go girl...now, you be a good girl and you make sure you're home b----what?

Oh, okay, live it up. But we want details...you hear?
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 02:34 AM

I logged back in to check on y'all and you're getting picked up in a limo for a dance? Sounds like the prom all over again! What fun!

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 02:37 AM

Jane...I'm working on something like that...tee hee

Chatarella...can't wait to hear all about your evening.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 08:19 AM

Cinderella Chatty? Hellooooo ? Where are youuuuuuuu?

Has Ms. Princess checked back in yet? I heard a missing slipper has been found on some staircase in the middle of Las Vegas.

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 12:19 PM

Chaterella has 6 days and a few hours before the gala event...the countdown begins...."what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".....please ignore this rule just for us....we want info when the dream evening happens!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Valentines Day - 02/09/08 06:47 PM

Woops. Would you believe it's the time difference? Thanks for setting it right Jane, give me a "D" for not concentrating on what's written.
Chaterella, still...bring reserve shoes, in case you should lose one.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Valentines Day - 02/10/08 01:01 AM

The last time he and I went out to a fine restaurant half way through dinner he got a call and had to run and there I sat alone, dining...They are on call 24/7 I guess and thats happened several times now. I hope it won't happen on Valentines Day. Its hard to dance without a partner, even for me, shoes or no shoes...Maybe I should take a spare man insteasd of a spare pair of shoes?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Valentines Day - 02/10/08 02:18 PM

Chatty, woops...Chaterella...
That sounds like such fun. Here's hoping there won't be any interruptions and the two of you have a wonderful time.
I've never ridden in a limo. Gosh, that's gonna be great!
I'll bet detectives lead exciting lives. Wouldn't it be a hoot to be a detective? I think so. Chatty you have the time of your life!!! Can't to hear how it goes!
Best Wishes and Blessings...

P.S. The dress description is delightful. I visualize it's very, very pretty!

Re: Valentines Day...Chaterella - 02/18/08 01:36 PM

I spoke with Chaterella who is doing some work catch-up and hopes to be back on the forum tomorrow....I'll let her share the details but Chaterella went to the ball on Friday night and danced the night away.....come back soon Chatty and share the details with these ladies who have inquiring minds!!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Valentines Day...Chaterella - 02/18/08 01:40 PM

Yes, but did she lose her slipper? Hurry back Chats, we want the dirt, ah, er, I mean details!

Re: Valentines Day...Chaterella - 02/18/08 01:41 PM

If she did lose her slipper, she sounds very happy about it!!! Let's hear it, Chatty!