Basic Stuff

Posted by: pamjr8

Basic Stuff - 10/16/07 08:50 PM

Hi:
I just registered today and found the profile page. I noticed it says my HTML is turned off. Where do I got turn that on?

Also, it says I have one personal message but when I click on that it takes me to a screen that doesn't list messages but instead lets me "check delete" and a few other things.

can you help?

Thanks.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/16/07 09:15 PM

Hi there Pamjr8,
First of all, welcome to the forums! We're so glad you've joined us.

I'm not sure WHERE you are that says your html is turned off. At the bottom of a post, there is a "forum permissions" page that shows the HTML is disabled. This doesn't have anything to do with you and you can still use html codes but when you do a post, you should see the codes displayed FOR you.

Also, forgive me, but can you give me more info on the message you say you have? Could it be a Private Message? If so, there will be an envelope blinking at the top left-hand side of the page. Once you click on that, it should take you to an area that shows who the message is from and the message itself should be "clickable."

Is any of this helping?
Posted by: pamjr8

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/17/07 09:55 AM

Hi Queen:
Thanks for the welcome. I did have an envelope that blinked and when i clicked on it disappeared and nothing showed up on the screen. Oh well, it was probably a standard welcome to the welcome to the boards.
Thanks.
Pam
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/17/07 11:25 AM

This also happened to me...getting a blinking envelope when I first joined but no message (I also presumed it was a standard welcome message)
Posted by: Countrygirl

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/17/07 12:47 PM

yeah... me too! (twilight zone music) hee hee!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/17/07 05:17 PM

Pamjr8, my goodness, so many mysterious things going on. Well, you're here now and we are certainly glad to have you join our happy family...I mean that 'happy' part sincerely, but then you'll soon see. WELCOME!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Basic Stuff - 10/17/07 06:04 PM

Maybe it just means all systems are go. I've never heard of this before.