How old is this forum?

Posted by: dancer9

How old is this forum? - 06/03/07 05:21 PM

I am new here, of course. I was wondering:
How old is the forum and who are the founders?
dancer
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/03/07 10:05 PM

Me thinks its about 5 years old and Dotsie Bregel is the OWNER and FOUNDER, CEO, and Chief Bottle Washer.

Course..................I taught her everything she knows.

What?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/03/07 10:05 PM

8/11/02
http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/bio.php
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/03/07 10:24 PM

As you can probably tell, Queen JJ is the resident "clown," but modesty prevents her from saying that she is our founder Dotsie's right arm, and second in command. I however can and have said it, so there!! Go JJ!!!

I personally joined this extraordinary group of women in 2004 and am thrilled to hold the title (only behind Dotsie) as being the highest poster. I will have 10,000 posts with just three more. They don't call me Chatty Lady (among other things, lol) for nothing!!

Long live the Boomer Women Speaks Forum....

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/03/07 11:12 PM

And Chatty is our resident cook, pet lover, and all around nice person. As a matter of fact, all the boomer babes in here are outstanding!

Thanks Chats for the nice words, where do I send the check? teehee...

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 01:29 AM

Thank you! Lovely to know the line up as well! I see that Ms. Nevada, my neighbor, is up on her posts! Good for her!
dancer in Arizona

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 01:31 AM

I should add that I am very impressed with the forum! It is a great idea, done well with great women here! Thanks for putting it here!
Dancer9
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 03:25 PM

Chatty, thanks for your response.

The site was launched on Halloween, 2002. We'll have to come up with a huge five year anniversary celebration.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 03:51 PM

Vegas trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 05:52 PM

Ohhh, in time for the celebration! Lucky me!
dancer
Posted by: Laurel

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 05:55 PM

Slumber party at Chatty's house!!

Laurel

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 07:53 PM

You betcha, what a blast that would be. Vegas would never be the same after all the Boomers came to town. Whoopee!!!

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/04/07 08:07 PM

I'm in! ParTAA!

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/08/07 07:24 PM

We can have a wild and crazy pool partaa...

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/08/07 09:30 PM

Woo Hoo...last one in is a rotten egg....remember that one?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/08/07 09:48 PM

I'm always up for Chips 'n Dip (chocolate, of course).

Will there be cheesecake too? How about an oreo cheesecake?
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/08/07 10:18 PM

Hey, who mentioned party???

I remember so long ago when I joined this forum. If I remember correctly, I was the 51st person to register.

I can't believe how much this place has grown since then. It's a true testament to Dotsie and how much she believes in her cause. And how much all of you believe in her.

This is day 10 of my "no sweets" proclamation. But, I'd be willing to cheat a little if someone will bring the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with the hot fudge sauce over the decadent chocolate fudge cake with dark chocolate icing.

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/09/07 08:43 PM

10 days without chocolate Vicki?!? Sending prayers your way.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/10/07 06:02 PM

Thanks, Chick. I even turned down iced cinnamon rolls at our local Home Depot. They'd been cooking them in the kitchen section to entice people to come to that department.

I'm past all the chocolate cravings. But, it's like being an alcoholic. One taste and I'll be lost. I had gotten way out of control there for awhile. If you go back and look at my food diary entries, you'll see. It was horrible. I had to stop cold turkey or I wouldn't stop at all. The only person who eats chocolate in our house now is my hubby. And, he's not mean about it at all. I don't mind. Smelling it is pretty good. If I can make it thirty days, I'll really know I've accomplished something.

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/10/07 10:18 PM

Vicki, you registered 01/06/03. The forums were launched 10/31/02. Wild, isn't it? Boy does time fly.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/11/07 12:27 PM

I remember when I first joined, not so long ago, but it seems time really flew by. It was June 2004. Beautiful experience I'll never regret!
Dotsie, congratulations for a job very well done. May God continue blessing you and others through this forum.

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/15/07 03:03 PM

I'll have to come up with a five year celebration gift. Good idea.

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/15/07 08:04 PM

Speaker, I bought your book and sent it to my daughter back then. I forward your emails 'to' her every month so that way I know she continues to get them. Has it really been that long? Wow, time flies. I remember Song, Speaker, TVC, JJ, Vicki, Meredith, Chatty, Smiles, Pam, Lynnie, Sherri, Dianne and of course Dotsie.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/15/07 11:03 PM

I joined July 2003. That makes me one of the "old-timers." Funny, I don't feel that ... never mind.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: How old is this forum? - 06/15/07 11:55 PM

I joined in November 05. Seems longer cuz I'm so comfortable here. I'm still a newbie earning my stripes.