posts that time out

Posted by: Dotsie

posts that time out - 05/20/07 09:41 PM

Every now and then, I'll write a long post and then when I try to post it it says soemthing along the lines that it won't post. When this happens, hit the back button, cut and paste the post, then begin again.

It also happens if I answer the phone while I'm posting and then go back to finish when I get off the phone. I think too much time passes. Hope this helps.
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: posts that time out - 05/20/07 10:27 PM

Thanks for the info, Dotsie. This happens to me about 50% of the time.

So, I just started writing most of a long post, then writing the rest of my message on an additional post.

Hate to say this, but I do not know how to cut and paste.
I'm technologically challenged.

Anyway, I used to be very particular about having ever word spelled correctly and every comma in the right place.

Now when I create a post, it's like playing a game of Beat the Clock!

Once I get my house in order -- my current household goal --I'm going to visit my daughter-in-law who says she can teach me most of what I don't know in one afternoon.

Good luck, Karen!

Blessings,
Emily in Maryland
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: posts that time out - 05/20/07 10:50 PM

Actually we have less trouble on this forum than on many others out there except for a blip or a bling or two every now and again, but we have no spam either, very nice...
Posted by: Dianne

Re: posts that time out - 05/21/07 12:49 PM

Emyjay, when you learn to cut, copy and paste, you will save yourself a ton of work! My editor had to teach me years ago.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: posts that time out - 05/21/07 11:02 PM

Emy, call me on the toll free line and I will teach you to cut and paste. It's simple. 1-877-bboomer.

Thanks for the good words about our forums Chatty. I think eveyone here tries to keep things in order and it works!