Post deleted by Dotsie

Posted by: Dotsie

Post deleted by Dotsie - 03/29/07 05:21 AM

Posted by: jawjaw

Re: First Day Queries - 03/29/07 07:27 AM

Yuhooo....Mitzi, Welcome girlfriend! We're so glad you've found us and let me see if I can answer your questions.

Courier doesn't seem to be showing up here. If it is, it isn't ugly, so I think you're good to go.

As far as using html codes, where would you want to use them? They are allowed for your signature lines and for pictures.

What I noticed was that you had your "image" loaded into your signature line. I moved it to the avatar since it was, in reality, a picture URL, and as you can see, your picture shows up now. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the car!

If you have a Web page address that you're wanting to show up in your signature line, put "[url]" (minus the quotation marks) before the .com address, then "[/url]" at the end of it. That should work for you.

Pictures to show up under your name will have to be uploaded in your "profile" on YOUR homepage here. Pictures to go within the BODY of a reply can be added by either putting "[image]" before the picture URL address and of course, "[/image]" at the end of it.

If you type a reply using the reply box at the end of a post, (I think it's called quick reply), then once you have hit the "continue" button, you'll be taken to a screen that has a block area where you can type your response and hit "Ok, submit." Once you hit that button there will be TWO SCREENS. One at the TOP that shows what you have typed, and one at the bottom where you can make changes to what you typed.

This is where a lot of people type their post, then hit the wrong button and loose their post. Make sure you hit either "ok, submit" when you are ready to finally submit your post.

Does this help? Whoops, NO MEMBERSHIP FEES HERE!

If you should decide to join the NABBW, our sister site, there is a yearly fee for that membership, but this is F-R-E-E!

PSS--if you would like for me to remove the picture under your name, just say the word!

Post deleted by Dotsie - 03/29/07 11:44 PM

Re: First Day Queries - 03/30/07 12:17 AM

Welcome to the neighborhood! I love the car. Very fun.

Jawjaw, thanks for answering all mitzkity's questions. You go girl.

Mitzkity, I hope you'll tell us more about yourself. How did you find us?
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: First Day Queries - 03/30/07 05:57 PM

mitskitie hi i met you briflie on one of the other threads....at the bottom of your post box you has something saying mitz is your surfer something or other....do you surf???whats it like if you do?
Posted by: Anno

Re: First Day Queries - 03/30/07 09:36 PM

Yes, welcome, welcome, welcome. I have read a few of your posts and know you will not only fit right in, but be a great addition.

I look forward to getting to know you online. Please, tell us more.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: First Day Queries - 03/31/07 06:02 AM

Welcome homegirl Mitzkity! Coming to you across a billion miles of cyberspace from ... Placentia. For those of you unfamiliar with the local turf, Anaheim borders Placentia , which is where Ms. Me resides

Post deleted by Dotsie - 03/31/07 06:40 AM

Re: First Day Queries - 04/01/07 07:56 PM

Do I sense another boomer meeting? NExt time it could be Kathy, Meredith and Mitzkity...

Post deleted by Dotsie - 04/02/07 06:15 AM

Re: First Day Queries - 04/02/07 08:13 PM

mitzkity, I'm right by Placentia Library, the police station and City Hall.

And here's your first exercise lesson:
The best exercise program in the world is the one you do. Anything -- chasing pets around the block, throwing heavy objects at obnoxious tourists...

Re: First Day Queries - 04/03/07 10:38 PM

BTW, you asked about my car... 1999 minivan, forest green but rarely washed, so it might look sludge-colored from a rearview LOL. Typical crafter's van, filled up with stuff.

Post deleted by Dotsie - 04/04/07 03:07 AM

Re: First Day Queries - 04/04/07 05:55 PM

Mercury Villager. I chose it based on the removable third row of seats, and the 2nd row can be anchored to 3 different positions. I was shopping Thanksgiving weekend 1998 with the idea that I'd get a good deal on '98's -- but '99 was 4-door, and '98 only had 3 -- and is my old aching back ever thankful I made THAT decision.

I'll buy the next car when this one needs too many repairs. Another minivan, but not so dark a color because this one gets too hot in Cali sun.

So no, I'm not a car person! Just need it to get me from point A to Z, with a minimum of repair hassles, and best loading logistics for the STUFF. And being a full-time crafter, the stuff trumps all other considerations.

Post deleted by Dotsie - 04/14/07 01:33 AM

Re: First Day Queries - 04/16/07 02:54 PM

Uh oh, another Ebay gal.

Re: First Day Queries - 04/18/07 07:30 AM

SUN VISORS?? You mean those little flip-down thingies attached to the top of the wind shield?

And I thought they were all the same! Well, maybe big car sun visors, and little car sun visors...

And basically the Villager is the Quest, right? So she could get Quest sun visors... I can see you rolling your eyes.