Missing your picture?

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Missing your picture? - 10/05/06 12:13 PM

I just changed my website hosting and all of you with images on my site will need to change the url of your picture. The url, below, is mine. See the walsh.jpg at the end? That's where you'll personalize this url with the name of your pic. If you don't remember the name of your picture, send me a note and I'll get it for you.

http://www.rickandjune.com/templates/1/images/BWS/walsh.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Kathy
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 01:15 PM

Girl, you are always up to something...and it's always something good.

Any reason you switched hosts?
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 01:43 PM

I think mine will work!

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 01:44 PM

I will have a picture of me in the next day or so...watch for the "unveiling"...

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 01:59 PM

Quote:

Any reason you switched hosts?

Yes! I switched to a volusion shopping cart, which looks more like the "real thing" than the old one I was using. All activity stays within my secure site, and it offers things like wish lists, one page checkout, more images of the sleepwear, more detail, etc. It will make the shopping experience much better for my customers.

I also added gift wrap options at checkout, and if you haven't visited lately, you'll see several new styles as well, with more pajamas coming in next week.

Take a gander at it and let me know what you think. While you're there, check out the link for Menopause News on the left - I'm going to change that copy every once in a while, so if you have a topic suggestion, let me know.

www.RickandJune.com
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 09:19 PM

I just tried it. Let's see if I did it.
Louisa

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 09:21 PM

I did! I did! That wasn't too hard. Thanks kathy. I'll keep this one since I can't find another picture I like. At least for now.
Louisa
Posted by: Anno

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 10:41 PM

Kathy
For some reason, I cannot get my picture back even when I use your url and put in my pic name. Usually I am quite good at this stuff, but not this time.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 10:43 PM

Hey where did everybody go????

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/05/06 11:47 PM

Hi Chatty,
I changed my hosting company and everyone has to update their links. I've sent PM's and emails to some, but if I missed some and you need help, please send me a message.

Chatty - got your pic today, will get it done tonight or tomorrow.

Kathy

Re: Miising your picture? - 10/06/06 01:45 AM

Kathy,
I got mine back on and then tried experimenting. I was able to put another photo on here. (Not of me) then I switched it back.
Louisa
Posted by: auntiebear

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 03:05 AM

Hi Kathy,

Can't seem to get my picture back up. When you have time please email me the link again. Thanks.

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 11:40 AM

I need to email Kathy too. See how dependent we've become!

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 01:23 PM

Ha! I've got you all where I want you... now you NEED me!

Just send me emails or PMs if you have any questions. And that PM stands for private message - please don't send me your PMS, because I have enough of that!

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 05:08 PM

Saw a t-shirt that read:

P. M. S.
purchsse more shoes

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 07:48 PM

Chatty, you shouldn't be on this forum - you're TOO young!!
My picture will be coming soon...

Re: Missing your picture? - 10/06/06 08:37 PM

I wish!! There are alot of miles on this old gal! I'm like Dorian Grey, I don't age in my picture....or is it the other way around.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 04:09 AM

Okay, you all are going to take away all the prizes and love you've bestowed on me....your pictures are all gone!

You CAN get them back, but it will mean changing the link again. I apologize big time for the inconvenience!!! I discovered that every time someone's pic came up on this forum, it increased the bandwidth usage on my new website and the company is now charging me extra for that. I had to move all the images off that site and to another one, which doesn't charge based on bandwidth usage.

Here is your new link, with my name as an example:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/walsh.jpg

Remember how you did it before? Go into your profile and modify the link, and put in YOUR image name where mine is. If you don't remember your image name, send me a message and I'll get it to you.

Again, I'm so sorry!! I shouldn't have to move these again.
Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 12:00 PM

I didn't have to. MIne is still on here. Why is that?
Louisa

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 12:02 PM

It didn't come right up though. ??
Louisa

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 02:40 PM

Louisa, did I do your photo before? If so, do you remember the name of it? I checked my folder and don't see a picture for "Louisa". Let me know...

Anyone that needs help, please let me know.
Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 08:34 PM

I'm posting this again since the thread went to another page. If you are missing your photo, please read this:

Okay, you all are going to take away all the prizes and love you've bestowed on me....your pictures are all gone!

You CAN get them back, but it will mean changing the link again. I apologize big time for the inconvenience!!! I discovered that every time someone's pic came up on this forum, it increased the bandwidth usage on my new website and the company is now charging me extra for that. I had to move all the images off that site and to another one, which doesn't charge based on bandwidth usage.

Here is your new link, with my name as an example:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/walsh.jpg

Remember how you did it before? Go into your profile and modify the link, and put in YOUR image name where mine is. If you don't remember your image name, send me a message and I'll get it to you.

Again, I'm so sorry!! I shouldn't have to move these again.
Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 10:49 PM

Kathy, you did, but it would have said Lina I think. But, I may have somehow put it on myself later. It's showing up on here without me doing anything.
Louisa

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/01/06 11:42 PM

Yes, there is one named Lina, and your pic isn't showing up for me in the forums. Just use this link and put it in your profile and don't forget to check the URL box:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/lina.jpg

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 12:57 AM

Oh, oh. That's not me. Does anyone know who this woman is? Kathy, the link didn't work. I'll be back after dancing with the stars. In the meantime, does anyone recognize this woman?

Louisa

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 01:22 AM

Oh my goodness, I don't recognize her at all!! She's not one of the photos on my server so I don't know how that happened.

Did you copy and paste the full link that I gave you? Because when I put that link in my browser, your pic does come up online.

She's pretty - do you want to keep her?

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 02:06 AM

I might have to keep her. I can't get the other one back. I shouldn't have experimented. But, you said the picture of me didn't show up on the forums for you. It was showing up for me. Isn't that weird? So, I tried to get it on there. When I used your link, it said improper picture type. Then I tried to use my own link, which is what I think I did before and I couldn't find the photo with the url. I'll keep this one on there for a while to see if anyone recognizes her and keep looking for the real me.

Louisa

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 02:27 AM

Looks just like SUSAN LUCCI, thought I was losing my mind for a second....

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 02:46 AM

Is anyone else having a problem getting their picture back on? I know how to do it, but the one I want won't work and it won't work with your link.

I made 1000 posts!!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 02:52 AM

Here I am! It's a long story, but I was able to copy the url from another website that has my photo. It's even a little clearer than the other one was. It's smaller but it's the same picture.

Bye Susan. Chatty, you're not losing your mind.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/02/06 02:55 AM

I'm playing again. This isn't me. Kathy, I seem to be able to do this and copy other photos, but not the one I want unless I take it from some that other site. Strange.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/03/06 01:41 AM

It looks like Grumpy from the Story of Snow White and the Seven Drafts Right ?

No afence Louisa , Looks like from Disney World maybe that is what I am looking at . Haa..

Renee

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/03/06 02:08 AM

It is, Renee. I have to try to get my picture back. I've been playing with the links and url's.

Louisa
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/04/06 01:19 PM

Hi Kathy. I emailed (forwarded) my pic yesterday. Last night I found the place it is saved to on my coputer. If that will work better I'll send as attachment. Please let me know. Thank you!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/04/06 02:48 PM

Hi Saundra, I got your email but there was no photo attached and I replied to let you know - maybe you didn't get it? Please do send it again, and we'll get your photo up!

Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/04/06 10:20 PM

Thanks again Kathy for getting my 'mug' back before the masses....You're a dear!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/05/06 12:39 AM

Kathy, I did not get an email but I did (just now) send my pic again in an attachment. I think I did it right this time. Thank you soooo much!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/05/06 04:19 PM

Hey, why would my picture vanish over night? Was it something I said? Help, Kathy, Help! Please!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/05/06 04:43 PM

Lynnie, I recently changed my web server. Chatty, Lousia and I have all updated the link and ours is working. Have you updated your link yet? If not, use this:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/****.jpg

Insert the name of your picture at the ****. If that doesn't work, let me know.
Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/05/06 08:58 PM

Hi Kathy, no, it did not work. Now what can I do? Thx

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/05/06 10:50 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/LynnTolson.jpg

Maybe you forgot it had your first and last name. Try it and let me know...

Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 12:16 AM

Kathy, did you get my picture? I don't have a linc, just the pic. Everything okay?

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 12:34 AM

Hi Kathy, you are wonderful. I had included my middle initial. Thanks so much for being the Picture Monitor at BWS!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 01:18 AM

Hello everyone. This is me. It's nice to finally meet you. Kathy, you make this tech thing a breeze. Thank you. S

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 01:34 AM

Kathy, thanks so much for allowing us to see so many of our boomer friends. Saundra, it's great to lay eye on you for the first time! What a great smile.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 01:36 AM

You're welcome, glad to do it! And though it seems like I'm online 24/7, please remember that it may take me some time to process your requests. Like next weekend, we'll be gone to Palm Springs for three days. Gotta get warm and relax!!!

Dotsie, did you get your new link? We need your smiling face back!

Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 01:53 AM

Thank you for the compliment, Dotsie. It's nice to see and be seen. It's so friendly and welcoming...
Posted by: Phyllis0618

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 03:01 AM

Guess what! Missing my picture. Unfortunately my picture is located in My Picture on Word. How do I create an http: copy for this website?

I have downloaded it many times but not by itself for use such as this? Help, please!

Phyllis

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/06/06 04:01 AM

Hi Phyllis,
Email it to me and I'll size it and upload it to the server of one of my websites. Then I'll send you the link with directions on how to get it to show on this forum. Send your photo to kathy@rickandjune.com and put BWS in the subject line so I don't delete it as spam.

See you soon!
Kathy

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/07/06 09:52 PM

Kathy, thanks again for your generous spirit. We wouldn't get to see one another's smiling faces without you.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/07/06 10:43 PM

You're quite welcome! It's fun to match faces and names.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/09/06 12:01 PM

Kathy, for some reason, my picture has disappeared. Do you know why?

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/09/06 03:28 PM

Here's the new link Dotsie. Maybe you missed it when I sent it earlier:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/dotsie.jpg

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/10/06 11:52 AM

Hmm, I just tried adding it and hit submit. Still not there. I'll try again later when I'm in my office. Thanks Kathy.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/10/06 12:02 PM

Ah, there we go. It's there now. Thanks again.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/13/06 04:20 PM

Okay...what's with the pictures? I'm not sure I understand. I don't have a blog or web site so that probably has something to do with this...?

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/13/06 04:28 PM

Hi Dotsie,
I'm back from my long weekend - it was so nice! Now.... I still don't see your pic on my computer. Is it working for you?

Dee, anyone who wants to show their photo here has to have a properly sized version of it online somewhere, and then this forum links to it.

If you don't have a website, you can email me a pic and I will put it on my server and send you instructions on how to add it to BWS.

I have Popea's picture - she's been so patient while I was away - and I'll be adding it today.

Let me know if any of you have questions!
Kathy
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 05:17 PM

Kathy,
your a star. Thank you.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 06:48 PM

Popea!!!!! Look at you, girl! So nice to have a face to go with the name. You're stylin'

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 07:07 PM

Kathy, how was your long weekend? Please tell!

I tried again and don't know why it isn't appearing. Seems I'm here one day and gone the next.

Popea, great to be able to see you!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 07:41 PM

Popea!!! By way of a familiar phrase: "Nice to see you, to see you nice"!

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 09:20 PM

Why, thank you Dianne....what exactly is stylin'??? Is that an american term??? Lola, your a hoot.....the Brucie thing suprised me but had me grinning, are you adding a pic...it would be good to put a name...or are you a lady of mystery.

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 09:42 PM

Po, if you're "stylin'", it means you're cool and look good. Must be the hat, eh?

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 09:58 PM

Stylin' means you're cutting edge, looking sharp, a hottie. And what Kathy said. All good!

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/14/06 10:41 PM

Hi, Popea: I'm actually ready to go public, even if only for a brief moment and whilst still sporting a summer tan but, I can't manage to put up my photo! Someone please help me before it fades!

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/15/06 07:30 AM

Help from Hannelore came, so here is just a test. Houston do you copy?

[/URL][/image]

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/15/06 04:52 PM

OH-MY-WORD! You are stunningly beautiful! Get out of here...you're too pretty. You're depressing me!

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/15/06 08:24 PM

A hottie.... oh holy mother of.... !!! That is too funny Dianne...the hat is great, but it also hides the fact that my roots need done!!
Now that I see Lola...I am singing Ertha Kitts version of 'Whatever Lola wants'...oh this pic carry on is alot of fun. How did you get the pic in the post part Lola???
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/15/06 10:30 PM

Lola, what anti aging products are you on?

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/16/06 03:18 PM

Lola, what a pleasure to see your face. You look fantastic!

Re: Miising your picture? - 11/16/06 08:18 PM

Hi, Dianne:

Hi, Popea: Just googled the song but "what I want, what I really, really want..." is to feel better. I have not been well. Feeling a tad flu-ish and have been on sickies from work.

Hi, Hannelore: Anti-aging? I wish I knew. I feel 50 and just struck gold with a good foundation.

Hi, Dotsie:
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/16/06 09:05 PM

Wow Lola, you are gorgeous, girl! Nice to see you.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/16/06 11:10 PM

Popea, love the hat!!!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/17/06 11:44 AM

Lola, feeling any better?

I don't get it. Sometimes my photo appears and soemtimes it doesn't.

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/17/06 02:18 PM

Dotsie, I don't know what's up. I haven't seen your photo since I changed servers. Here's the link again:

http://www.ctgtest.com/bws/dotsie.jpg
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/17/06 04:25 PM

Hope you get well soon Lola!

Re: Missing your picture? - 11/18/06 04:56 AM

Thanks, Dotsie and Hannelore: Off to my son's for the weekend to be "watched". I have been ordered to keep in bed and do nothing but rest. I expect to be back home next week in time for my Thanksgiving party.

Hi, Cookie: