up and running...finally!

Posted by: Dotsie

up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 07:15 PM

I've got to tell you that I am breathing so much easier now that the forums are up and running again. It's a long story.

I am in the process of having state-of-the-art data bases built for both sites. Seems the programmer somehow deleted the forums while in the process. It was a big mistake, but one that my web designer assured me could be corrected.I can't even tell you the number of emails that have been flying back and forth to get these babies up and running. All I can say is that I am so grteful nothing was lost. At one point we thought we lost everything posted since the 19th because the web server had a power outage on top of all this mess. From what I can tell, we lost nothing except a day of gabbing with one another.

Welcome back and carry on! Please!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 07:24 PM

Oh yay!! Good to "see" you Dotsie and don't sweat it on our account. I'm sure our houses got a little cleaner again! My daughter's in laws are in town from NY so I've been busy anyway.
((HUGS))
Posted by: TVC15

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 07:25 PM

Yay! We're back!
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 07:30 PM

I missed y'all this morning - I needed to vent after a pipe burst under my sink and I had a flood in my kitchen. And on top of all that I'm having a dinner party for my boss, my boss's boss and another co-worker who are in town for a business event. Let me tell you, I've been busy today! I had to rent a wet-vac to get the water up, but at least I was able to get a plumber here before noon. I am so stressed, but having a ball decorating the table and cooking. I love entertaining.
Posted by: Lola

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 07:48 PM

Thanks, Dotsie.
Posted by: Cookie

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/25/06 09:15 PM

Glad it's all working again! Whew, I thought I was the only one having trouble. I couldn't post a reply, then I could, then couldn't.....
Posted by: diamond50

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/26/06 12:32 AM

Great, as I thought something was wrong with
my computer yesterday!
Cindy
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/26/06 12:39 AM

Girls, am I EVER glad to be here. If anything like this happens again (heaven forbid and bite your tongue, Queenie) AND you can't find any answers, feel free to email me at gjawjaw1@bellsouth.net or I just betcha Ms Chatty wouldn't mind if you emailed her either...what about it Ms C? You can find out pretty quickly if there is a problem within, or if it IS your computer. We want to keep you informed! You can take it to the bank that Dotsie is working herself to death to get our boomer haven back on track. So much so that she may not be able to answer your emails. So, feel free to send me one, and if Chatty agrees, her as well.

JJ
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/26/06 12:52 AM

I have a question...how come some posts have an edit option and some don't?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/27/06 12:00 AM

I can't answer that because they all show an edit button to me. I think Dotsie is checking into this for us though. Another member has raised that same question. And it's a good one!

JJ
Posted by: Dianne

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/27/06 01:54 PM

Try going back AFTER you've posted a message and see if the edit button is there. It is for me.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/27/06 02:54 PM

Good point Dianne. The techie said they should all have edit buttons.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: up and running...finally! - 07/27/06 11:11 PM

I am always happy and usually here to answer any questions I can for anyone....The edit button is a sneaky little devil now and is there only sometime for me and once posted there is no way to go back and re-do anything I have tried and could not. You could on the old system but not on this one. Answer....don't make any mistakes, (Yea sure!)