Gremlins etc

Posted by: Lynn

Gremlins etc - 11/15/03 04:28 AM

Gremlins don't work for me. I select the one I want to use and click where I want it to go but nothing happens. I need help.

I could use an explanation of all the symbols above someone's post. What do they do?

Since I am so ignorant about these simple things there must be tons I do not even know about to ask questions. Fill me in please.

Thanks
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Gremlins etc - 11/15/03 04:52 AM

Lynn,
Are you selecting the ones right above where you type? If so, try scrolling down the page and you will see "instant graemlins" and if you click on those, that should work. [Big Grin]

If it doesn't, scroll even further down the page and in the left hand corner are two boxes you can click on. One says "show signature" and the other one says "disable graemlins" make sure that one DOES NOT have a check mark in it
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Gremlins etc - 11/15/03 04:54 AM

I'm sorry. I should have given a better explanation as to WHERE they are. The other set are on the left hand side of the page right past this box where you type your reply...just scroll down a bit and you should see them.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gremlins etc - 11/15/03 04:38 PM

Lynn,
They looking at the top right hand corner of the forum boards. You'll see the thingy that says FORUM HOME. Under that there are the words, my profile, register, search, faq, and forum home again.

Cick on the FAQ button and you should get answers to some of your questions there. Any other questions, ask away.

Oh, and if you take your mouse gently across all the little icons next to a post-ers name, a little text pops up and tells you what the icon means. Just click on them to see what appears.

That help? [Wink]
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Gremlins etc - 11/16/03 12:15 AM

[Smile] I think I'm learning. [Razz] This could be fun. [Eek!] I need forums for Dummies! [Big Grin] Yep I got it! [Cool]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Gremlins etc - 11/17/03 09:27 PM

Uh oh, watch out for Lynn, she's getting the hang of things! [Razz]