Posted by: chatty lady

I would like to suggest, if I may be so bold, that more of you get an avatar. The site looks bland. I could swear more of you had one before. Lets brighten the place up with some colorful avatars or your own pictures, something!!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: AVATARS - 02/04/10 02:29 PM

Okay, give me a few days and I'll see what I can do!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: AVATARS - 02/04/10 02:48 PM

chatty, not a bad idea.

Re: AVATARS - 02/05/10 12:11 AM

I love seeing your smiling face Dotsie, as I do seeing others when reading your posts, or seeing colorful avatars like some have.

I never noticed how bland it has become on the board until my own avatar disappeared and it was hard to pick out my own posts. When seeing a recognizable avatar like say JJ's or Edelweiss's or Lolas, or Diannes foot/shoe, you know right away who the poster is, no doubt about it...

We need a face lift, its easy to do and most avatar sites I found offer FREE avatars...
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: AVATARS - 02/05/10 07:39 AM

I'm not the most tech savvy girl admittedly....I looked in the FAQ section but could not find anything about how to add a picture or Avatar..am I missing the info somewhere?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: AVATARS - 02/05/10 12:47 PM

Oh JJ, where are you? Can you please help???
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: AVATARS - 02/05/10 02:15 PM

Instructions for adding a picture to your profile.

1. Go to the forums---at the top you'll see this menu:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Control Panel ~ Forum List ~ My Stuff ~ User List
~ Calendar ~ Active Topics ~ Search ~ FAQ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Select MY STUFF.

3. From that menu, select PROFILE.

4. Once in the PROFILE page, scroll down to near the bottom until you see "Select the radio button next to the option you are using to change your image."

Within that section, click in the button that says, "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .GIF, .JPG, .png accepted)"

5. Put in the address, or URL of your picture. It must reside on the Internet somewhere. It cannot be a picture on your computer. It must have an address that begins with "http"

6. The picture can only be the size of 80x80 pixels as stated above.

7. Once you have entered the address, or URL, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.

Instructions for posting an image in the FORUM: Photo Gallery. NOTE: Images can be posted directly from a folder/location on your computer in the Photo Gallery forum only. Instructions for inserting an image into any POST on any FORUM are different, and will follow the Photo Gallery instructions.

POSTING IMAGES in the PHOTO GALLERY:
1. Click on PHOTO GALLERY
2. Click NEW IMAGE
3. Type in a SUBJECT
4. Click IMAGE MANAGER
5. Click BROWSE and select the image from the folder/location on your computer for the image you want to post
6. Click DONE
7. Click SUBMIT
8. Add comments if you’d like
This will create the initial post of a new thread. It may take a few to show up.

INSERTING IMAGES WITHIN ANY FORUM POST – for inserting images, you must use a “Full Reply Screen”:
1. Store the image you wish to post on an offsite photo sharing website, such as Photobucket.com (you will have to have an account – a free account is offered).
2. Once the image is stored, you will see html code strings provided for the image – Photobucket provides four – it will look like this: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/XXX/XXXX/XXXXXXXX.jpg (the Xs represent info relative to your particular account).
3. Copy the image code to your clipboard - right click & copy. (With Photobucket, mouse over the “Direct Link” coding and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.)
4. Go to the BWS forum post in which you want to insert the image and click on the “INSERT AN IMAGE” icon (4th from the left).
5. From the menu that opens, select one of the four float locations and click.
6. When the URL info box opens, right click and paste the image info from your clipboard.
7. Click OK, then preview post to see if the steps worked
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: AVATARS - 02/08/10 07:36 AM

Wow Queen JJ...You are awesome!!! I'll try and follow your instructions when I'm not suffering from brain fog...thanks for the equisite instructions!! I think this is why you are "The Queen" smile
Posted by: greene

Re: AVATARS - 02/08/10 05:55 PM

But where do you find the avatars to put in? (I a little tech challenged)

Re: AVATARS - 02/08/10 10:06 PM

I called up: www.Avatars.com and picked mine.There are all types of FREE sites out there to choose from.
Posted by: greene

Re: AVATARS - 02/09/10 03:34 PM

Thanks Chatty, I'm going to tackle figuring it out.