New Members, before You post, please read

Posted by: jawjaw

New Members, before You post, please read - 10/07/08 12:18 AM

Welcome to the forums!

One of the many things that we all love about the BWS forums is that we only have two rules. How cool is that?

They are:

1) Be thoughtful in your response to someone's post. Use the Golden Rule and you can't go wrong. If a problem ever arises, please email Anne at anne@boomerwomenspeak.comand let us know of the problem. We will take the action that we feel is in the best interest of the ALL members.

and

2) NO ADVERTISING in the forums unless you are a Gold Level (paying) member of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women NABBW. If you want to buy advertisement for the BWS homepage, you can email Anne at anne@boomerwomenspeak.com and she will give you the rates.

If you advertise in here and you are not a member, we will need to ask you to kindly remove the ad. If you need our assistance, just drop us a line. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks to all of you beautiful people for your understanding. Although this is a free forum, it does cost Anne mucho bucks to run/maintain it, and the ads pay for that maintenance.

So again, thanks to all of you for making this your home on the net and for making it feel like a girl's night out. We love you for it!

Have fun, post away, and if you have questions, just drop one of us a line at the emails above.

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 12/24/08 12:14 AM

Ladies,

Once again I'm bringing this back up to the top. Some of you have never read this post above, and so this is for your benefit. I hope it helps explain our policy here a bit better.

Some of you believe we are censoring others. This is not the case and that stings a little to even read implication. Ouch!

For all....if you are taking it upon yourself to send what I call "nasty-grams" to members here...shame on you! It is not your place to play judge and jury here just because you do not believe the same as someone else.

Dotsie has made this a place for women of all beliefs to come and encourage, support, empower, and share from the heart.

Some seem to forget that Dotsie's pays for this forum and it belongs to HER. She freely gives it to YOU....each and every one of you--because she believes women need a place to call home online where they can do the things described above.

Anyone who sends ugly PMs will be dealt with and as stated above, WE ASK IF YOU HAVE A GRIEVANCE, TAKE IT TO DOTSIE, or to myself. THIS IS DOTSIE'S FORUM and that's her rule. Read that last line again. It is non-negotiable.

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 02/02/09 02:38 PM

Ladies,
BEFORE YOU POST....READ THE GUIDELINE POST ABOVE. Any post that is considered advertising by a non-member of the NABBW will be deleted. This includes requesting information from our members such as a survey, etc. Prior permission from Dotsie Bregel, the owner, is needed for this type of post and even then, it is not guaranteed you will be approved to ask our members for input.

We don't like to ban people from the forums, but continual disregard for these simple guidelines will tip the scales.

Thank you

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 03/11/10 10:48 PM

And once again...new members, please read before you post.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 03/19/10 07:44 PM

Thanks for making our policies clear in such a nice way, Georgia!

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 04/04/10 01:00 PM

You're so welcome. We have new members almost daily. They may not post, but they do read, and so I bring this up from time to time so that people understand advertising in the forums, unless you are a member of the NABBW, is against the rules, BUT if anyone would like info on joining the NABBW, just let me know. I would be happy to provide that!

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 06/07/10 06:47 PM

Bringing this back up for the benefit of new users.

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 07/02/10 02:21 PM

Bringing this back up for the benefit of new users. Please read our tiny two rules, and if we can help, we're listening (as our fearless leader always says).
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: New Members, before You post, please read - 08/03/10 10:21 PM

You don't just listen JJ, you and our fearless leader but you do something about whatever our problem is. I've seen that for a fact, and more than once you've fixed mine for me. You guys are AWESOME!