couple things about new forums

Posted by: Dotsie

couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 12:12 PM

Okay, just want you gals to know I'm back to working on a few concerns about the forums. I had to give my Web team a little break. Now I'm back to hounding them. (not really hounding, but asking for changes AGAIN).

I communicated with them this morning about too much white background, font size, and the photo gallery. I'll let you know what cahnges can be made.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 12:21 PM

Can the inability to edit be put on your hounding list?
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 12:43 PM

Hi Dotsie

Thanks so much for all you're doing to make this an amazing place to find friendship and companionship. You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 12:54 PM

I agree with ladyjane, chatty, and few others about a bigger window of time in which to edit. Proofread a post and you've depleted the edit time-lapse. No biggie. But a wee bit
annoying!
Posted by: Di

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 04:52 PM

And the polls are gone!

Can we have them again??
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 07:08 PM

Tell me more about the editing issue. I'm not having a problem with it. Maybe it's because I'm an admistrator. Please be specific about what's happening.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 08:17 PM

Dotsie, before we had a window, maybe 1/2 hour after we put a post up, to go back and edit it. So I would look at my screen, and there was a button "EDIT" for my posts for that time. After the 1/2 hour (or whatever it was) the button would disappear.

Now there is no time. And no edit button.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 08:22 PM

Okay, I take back the last sentence. There IS an EDIT button. However, when I clicked on it immediately after I put the post up, here's the message I got:

Quote:
UBB Message
This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired.

Kind of like a fake door that opens to a brick wall.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/20/08 08:54 PM

Same here and even for spelling I used edit previously
Mountain ash
Posted by: dancer9

Re: couple things about new forums - 08/21/08 12:15 AM

I miss editing ability and polls. I LOVE the use of colour and fonts. It gives each post some induviduality. I miss the members who are not with us at this time but I believe they will return.
It's funny that the forum was only down one day and some aren't here. They could be busy as Chatty has said.
Dancer9