Posted by: ladyjane

The new pic of Hannelore is sooo nice with her pumpyumpyumpkin! I was looking at mine and it seems so distorted, so I've tried lightening it up a bit. I still look like my face is 3 feet wide, my eyes are strange and I have a sunburn. I give up. I do like keeping the pics fresh and different every so often.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 02:53 PM

Ladyjane, I sent you a private message offering help with your avatar pics.

kathy
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 04:12 PM

ladyjane I had the same problem with my first attempts. The key is that the picture you want to put in has to be completley square before you downsize to 80X80. Then you avoid the distortions.

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 04:14 PM

Yes, Kathy and I just answered! Thanks so much! I just changed it again making it a bit smaller. It's still a little funky. I'll get a few out to you to see what you can do!

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 04:16 PM

Ahhh, Hannelore...now that makes sense. Mine are usually me cropping them...yeah, and NO WONDER they're distorted! Well, I'm learning...and I'll keep trying because I think it's important to know about these things!

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 04:31 PM

Okay, the new version is better sized and less distorted but still weird...hey, for today, I give up! Now I look like I have brown teeth...yuck. I promise I don't!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Avatars - 01/24/08 06:27 PM

Your getting cuter by the minute ladyjane! And I can see that impish school girl looks in your eyes. You must have been a blast to hang out with!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Avatars - 02/07/08 03:30 AM

So how do we upload new pictures? I mean avatars? Why are they called avatars? I have one I'd wanted to upload. Very confused. or stupid.