Help me Change the World

Posted by: Lavinia

Help me Change the World - 12/13/07 06:58 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

I just wanted to share this. Instead of making yet another lame New Year's resolution this year, I've chosen to simply "change the world." Every day in 2008, I will do something to make the world, my little corner of it anyway, a better place. I've created a new blog and would love it if you Baby Boomer women would give me suggestions. They can be large or small. They can take minutes or hours. Please come visit and tell me what you think. This is the link .

Thanks everyone!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Help me Change the World - 12/13/07 07:28 PM

Great idea, noble intention. I second that proposition!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help me Change the World - 12/15/07 10:39 PM

Now that sounds like a great idea. I have to get out more in 2008, I am becoming a recluse of my own making. No good!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help me Change the World - 12/16/07 09:37 AM

I love it. Very simple. Let's see...what will we do to change the world today? Want to start?

At church, I will pray for simple ways to follow through with this idea.

I can think of a few:
-smile at everyone
-try to get angry sales associates to crack a smile
hold doors for everyone
-let someone go ahead of me in line if they only have one item
-call an elderly neighbor
-send a card to a lonely soul
-write a thank you note

What else?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help me Change the World - 12/16/07 09:39 AM

Lavinia, I love the song on your site.

Also, I didn't see the blog about changing the world.
Posted by: Lavinia

Re: Help me Change the World - 12/18/07 03:42 AM

I just put the link to my new blog in my signature line. It is unrelated to my myspace (where you heard the song). Basically, I now have three things going. My "Write Now" blog is about writing (and a few ramblings too). My myspace is dedicated to the book I've written. And my new blog, as it says above, is about changing the world. Does that make sense. My blogs are linked to each other and one blog is linked to my myspace, but I guess I need to figure out how to link all the way around. If you go to my "Write Now" blog, you can get to both of the others from there. Is that confusing enough? Still looking for more ideas by the way. Help me out you Boomer Women! Pretty please...come by my blog and leave your ideas. I need many, many more in order to make this work. Thanks in advance! ~Karen