Promoting your book

Posted by: jawjaw

Promoting your book - 08/28/06 05:19 PM

Ladies,
A friend of mine has launched a new web site about promoting your books. Her name is P.M. TERRELL...you know her as the author of Ricochet, Kickback, and The China Conspiracy.

The web site is http://www.mysterypromotion.com/ and she also has a free newsletter that you can sign up for. She offers other "free" stuff on her site and I think it changes every month, but I'm not sure. There are articles on the site as well (one by MOI and one by our own Pam Kimmell, wuhooo!).

Anyway, I thought you might like to check it out.

JJ
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Promoting your book - 08/28/06 07:18 PM

Great site, JJ. Thanks for sharing it. I read your article and Pam's too! Congratulations to both of you.

By the way- there are tips and ideas for writers of all genres.
...Oh... and I just loved that "Tablecloth" idea.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Promoting your book - 08/28/06 07:22 PM

JJ, How many fingers you got? Seems like they're in a lot of delicious pies. Great article!

Re: Promoting your book - 08/28/06 07:26 PM

Thanks gals...ain't this writin' stuff fun? I want to be like bird poop...everywhere! LOL!

JJ
Posted by: Anno

Re: Promoting your book - 08/28/06 10:28 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I glanced at it and have bookmarked the site for this evenings downtime.
Ann

Re: Promoting your book - 08/29/06 03:13 AM

I'm glad ya'll brought up the tablecloth thing. Ladies, she shows you how to put the cover of your book on a tablecloth. Step by step instructions. There are pictures TOO so even people like ME can do it!

JJ
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Promoting your book - 08/29/06 02:45 PM

Lots of good information. I enjoyed the booksigning in a bag tips.

Re: Promoting your book - 08/29/06 02:59 PM

Yes, there are other writer links on there where you can go to their web sites, and pick up even more tips on "how to's." It's a learning curve for all writers and never ends. I love new resources!

JJ
Posted by: easysolutions

Re: Promoting your book - 09/11/06 01:23 AM

Just what I needed. Real good resources in the newsletters.
thanks,for the link.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Promoting your book - 09/11/06 01:59 PM

I hope to have my own tablecloth soon! I'll print my cd and book!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Promoting your book - 09/11/06 03:56 PM

And don't forget to visit Vicki's site too. She has loads of information for writers in her forums.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Promoting your book - 09/11/06 04:39 PM

Thanks, Dotsie. I have a writers' forum that has tons of information about promotion.

Here's the direct link:
http://www.vickimtaylor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21