BLOG ???

Posted by: Dannye

BLOG ??? - 04/19/05 02:00 AM

I have run across mentions of blogs by different women on this site, but what I'm wondering is this - Is there a LIST of blogs by women on this site available somewhere?

I haven't had time in the past to spend on forums or blogs - not sure I really do now, but I am trying to take the time to do these things for my own sake. However, I know myself well enough to know that I will never spend the time to search all the postings for blog references.

Any ideas??????
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/19/05 10:35 AM

The editor of the site:www.splitmyside.com, asked me to share their link. It is a paying market of $200 Speakermom, lol. I sent in a piece of my work. I also got my check for a poem that is in a woman's anthology($100) and got a nice honorarium yesterday from the Buckhead Library.
It was my best book signing yet. It is soooo much fun working with our chldren. I look forward to ending out National Poetry Month next weekend at Huie School's Career Day. I also just sent a short story to:www.nytyrant.com They are paying $3000 for 1st prize. FREE entry, YES, that's what I said, Free.
The pollen here is killing me. Heading back 2 bed & hope I will be able 2 sleep ALL day:)
Nancy, I will get back 2 writing you off loop once this month is over. Hi TVC15.
Have a nice week, one and ALL.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/19/05 10:44 AM

I saw the call for submissions to splitmysides, but since the website said nothing about who was putting the book out I thought it might be a fraud. Also, the submissions page said nothing about word count, publication rights, etc., so this added to my skepticism.

CAGEDBIRD, congrats on your paying acceptances!

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/19/05 10:24 PM

I think I am confused...Does any of this have anything to do with my question on blogs by BWS women or did a new topic get posted as a reply by mistake or should I be concerned that my allergies are causing me brain damage??? [Confused] [Smile]

Dannye
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/19/05 11:07 PM

Not to worry, Dannye, you're not Brain Damaged. [Smile] I think your post got accidentally hijacked. I don't think Dotsie has created a list of everyone's blogs. Don't know that anyone else has, either.

But, if you're collecting blogs, you can add mine to your to-be-read list.

It's at the bottom of my signature.

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/21/05 07:25 AM

Thanks, Vicki. After the last few days of allergy congestion, I was afraid that oxygen loss was taking its toll!!

I wasn't actually wanting to start a list. I had just noticed references to blogs a lot, and I thought it might be an interesting way to get a better sense of some of the women here - who they are, how they feel, what their passions are, etc. Of course, I know the forums are supposed to do that, too, but I am, after all, an Aries and patience is not my best asset.

Between trying to sell our house and move to another state, changing our financial lifestyle, and suffering from the worst allergies I have ever had, my ability to be an active forum participant - even as a lurker - is sorely compromised. So, blogs seemed like an immediate and organized way to learn more about people.

Oh, well............. [Frown]

Dannye
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: BLOG ??? - 04/21/05 06:15 PM

Dannye, I don't have a list of blogs. However, some of the women who submit links these days are submitting blog links because they don't have traditional web sites. Those links are mixed in with all the others.